Valued Contributor

We have one now and need to buy more minutes. The deals here for a phone including 1500 minutes is good for us rather than just buying minutes. Do we activate first then get the app to do the transfer ourselves? I assume tracfone does the rollover minutes.

Contributor

If you have tracfone now. they roll it all over you do not need to do any of that. Dont for get that you can reload min, data and texts very cheap $5 for text and I think $io for data and 1000 min.

Honored Contributor

If your existing Tracfone is an Android phone and you have a Google account, you don't need a transfer app. Once you've activated the phone, just log into Google on the new phone and it'll offer to transfer everything over for you. I just did it a few weeks ago with my new phone. It takes a little while, but it works pretty well. My apps, emails, texts, everything showed up on the new phone. You still have to log into the apps again on the new phone, but once that's done, you're golden.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman     My husband will only use a FLIP PHONE, he likes the small size BUT has a hard time using the phone...NOT calling or answering calls but other features..adding contacts, voice mail, etc....I am no help as I have an IPhone which is really easy to use.

Are there any Tracphones that are the size of a flip phone but is a smart phone?  He wants no features except for incoming and outgoing calls....he does not want to be connected to the internet....I have never purchased a tracphone so not sure what there is to offer...

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

Your best bet is to check out the phones offered on the TracFone site. If you have an old iPhone you could use their Bring Your Own Phone option to reactivate that as a TracFone. If you can find an unlocked phone of any type that suits him (Amazon sells a ton of them) one of those could be activated for him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

He wants no features except for incoming and outgoing calls....he does not want to be connected to the internet....

@Mom2Dogs  Your husband should check out Jitterbug flip 2 phones if that is all he wants to do.  You don't need a smart phone to get incoming & outgoing calls.

lively.com/phones/jitterbug-flip2/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif