Esteemed Contributor

Need Help with Xfinity Remote

The Xfinity remote does not have an SAP button; however, a week ago, text appeared on our screen.  We've tried everything to get rid of the text to no aviail.

Can someone help us get rid of the text on the screen?

Thanks so much

Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help with Xfinity Remote

As a rule, in my experience, the closed captioning is turned off and on by the TV remote. It's posible/likely that someone picked up the TV remote instead of the cable remote at some time. Find the TV remote and look for the CC symbol to see if you can turn it off.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

As a rule, in my experience, the closed captioning is turned off and on by the TV remote. It's posible/likely that someone picked up the TV remote instead of the cable remote at some time. Find the TV remote and look for the CC symbol to see if you can turn it off.

@gardenman

Thanks so much for the info. Our remote does not have a CC button.  When my husband is available, I'm going to have him check the other 2 remotes used when we use a DVD.

Thanks, again.

Merry Christmas ~ Rebecca

Contributor

If you have ON Demand button, press it, find the gear setting press ok, look for Accessibility Settings press ok, look for Closed Captioning, on/ off

Honored Contributor

If you are trying to turn of closed captioning, look at the silver keys in the middle -- the okay button and the arrows.  Press on the silver down arrow and you should see CC as an option to turn on or off.