Trusted Contributor

I have a HP Chromebook which I love. I have the 14inch chromebook which comes with TMobile service for life. It comes preinstalled on the computer so you don't need anything to get it activated. I'm thinking this might work really well for you since you have poor ISP service. Granted the monthly service that you get for free is not much but you can upgrade and buy as much as you want or need directly from TMobile. YOu can check online at the TMobile website to see whether 4G service is available in your area, but since they have such widespread coverage, you are probably going to be ok. I see no reason why you can't sell on Ebay using a chromebook. I love mine and see no need to ever go back to a windows environment. All you need is a GMail account and you will be up and running. Very simple to use and extremely fast. good luck. WalMart and Amazon have best prices on this model. It gets almost a perfect five star rating. You will not regret buying one.

Respected Contributor
One word of caution, they are still pretty new and still have kinks to work out. My sister has the Acer Chromebook and it has stopped working twice since she got it in late September. She had to pay almost $50.00 to send it back to Acer for the first repair... Now it has stopped working again. Twice in six months is a bad sign. Oh , it lost the OS.
Regular Contributor
On 3/31/2014 Bridgegal said: One word of caution, they are still pretty new and still have kinks to work out. My sister has the Acer Chromebook and it has stopped working twice since she got it in late September. She had to pay almost $50.00 to send it back to Acer for the first repair... Now it has stopped working again. Twice in six months is a bad sign. Oh , it lost the OS.
Chromebooks have been around for years they aren't new. You want advice about Chromebooks? Don't get one.
Honored Contributor
On 4/3/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 3/31/2014 Bridgegal said: One word of caution, they are still pretty new and still have kinks to work out. My sister has the Acer Chromebook and it has stopped working twice since she got it in late September. She had to pay almost $50.00 to send it back to Acer for the first repair... Now it has stopped working again. Twice in six months is a bad sign. Oh , it lost the OS.
Chromebooks have been around for years they aren't new. You want advice about Chromebooks? Don't get one.

"Don't get one?" Sure, just ignore all of those five star, rave reviews from satisfied users. The reality is that a Chromebook isn't a good computer for everyone, but for what most people do (web surfing, e-mail), a Chromebook is a very good option. They're inexpensive, reliable, safe, and pretty darn good at what they do. Can they do everything a full-fledged computer does? No, but most people never use a computer at anything even approaching it's full capacity. You have to know what you want a computer to do and if a Chromebook does what you want a computer to do, then get one, you almost certainly won't be disappointed. As always, read the reviews, do your homework, but make the best choice for you and what you need a computer for. If all you do is browse the web and send/read e-mails, then it's kind of crazy to buy a Mac or more expensive computer when a Chromebook will do those tasks for you at a fraction of the price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!