Respected Contributor

What do you think of the Specs on this computer?

have to try again. It didn't copy correctly.

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of the Specs on this computer?

Okay here it is:

PROCESSOR AND MEMORY

Processor Type: 4th generation Intel Core i7-4770 Processor Processor Speed: 3.40GHz Cache: 8MB Cache Memory (RAM): 12GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 SDRAM memory 1x8GB and 1x4GB Maximum Memory: Expandable to 16GB

HARD DRIVE AND MULTI-MEDIA DRIVES

Hard Drive: 1TB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive Optical Drive:

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Write: 16x max DVD±R, 8x max DVD±R DL, 8x max DVD+RW, 6x max DVD-RW, 5x max DVD-RAM, 40x max CD-R, 24x max CD-RW

Read: 16x max DVD-ROM, 40x max CD-ROM

Data transfer rates up to 6,000 KB/s (CD read/write) and 21,600 KB/s (DVD read/write)

Multimedia Card Slot: HP 7-in-1 Media Card Reader-Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Select, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick MagicGate.

WINDOWS 8.1

Honored Contributor

Specs mean only as much as what it is you plan on using this computer to do. Most new computers have enough power to do such things as e-mail/surf the web and so on. Now if one saves a lot of big files like pictures and videos, they probably need more hard drive space than someone who does not.

Processor speed usually are at least now dual-core and the more RAM the better. I personally have an Intel i7/2nd generation processor with 8g of DDR2 RAM and 1 Terabyte hard drive.

Don't see your specs yet but not sure I will be back here later so thought I would put up something.

E.T.A.

A lot more computer than I have and mine was/is plenty to take care of what I do for years into the future. The only difference I see is that I have separate Video and Sound Cards in lieu of them being integrated.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

We want to use this computer to play Big Fish type games and our current computer can't always handle it. The games sometimes flash. Does anybody know if the above specs would do the trick? PS: we are not interested in MAC because we have had bad experience with one.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 hckynut said:

Specs mean only as much as what it is you play on using this computer to do. Most new computers have enough power to do such things as e-mail/surf the web and so on. Now if one saves a lot of big files like pictures and videos, they probably need more hard drive space than someone who does not.

Processor speed usually are at least now dual-core and the more RAM the better. I personally have an Intel i7/2nd generation processor with 8g of DDR2 RAM and 1 Terabyte hard drive.

Don't see your specs yet but not sure I will be back here later so thought I would put up something.

Thanks John! What do you think of the specs I posted?

Honored Contributor

It's pretty loaded. Fast processor, nice hard drive, plenty of RAM, looks like very current stuff all around.

I didn't see what brand it was. That would matter to me, but it might not matter so some. I definitely WAY prefer some brands over others, although some will tell you that they all use the same stuff inside. I just have a better comfort level and experience level with some brands over others.

I only wonder why it doesn't have a Blu-ray player. DVD is fine, but Blu-ray plays both blu-rays and DVDs so it seems like a lot of the computers I see these days have a full-on Blu-ray.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2014 chickenbutt said:

It's pretty loaded. Fast processor, nice hard drive, plenty of RAM, looks like very current stuff all around.

I didn't see what brand it was. That would matter to me, but it might not matter so some. I definitely WAY prefer some brands over others, although some will tell you that they all use the same stuff inside. I just have a better comfort level and experience level with some brands over others.

I only wonder why it doesn't have a Blu-ray player. DVD is fine, but Blu-ray plays both blu-rays and DVDs so it seems like a lot of the computers I see these days have a full-on Blu-ray.

Thank you Chickenbutt! It has some of that I think the Blu ray etc. I just was needing opinions more on the specs for the processor and things like that. YOu have been very helpful. It is an HP. We have had pretty good luck with our other HP;s.

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 beammeupscottie said:

Specs mean only as much as what it is you play on using this computer to do. Most new computers have enough power to do such things as e-mail/surf the web and so on. Now if one saves a lot of big files like pictures and videos, they probably need more hard drive space than someone who does not.

Thanks John! What do you think of the specs I posted?

I added(E.T.A) to my other post. Sounds to me like you have plenty of power to do the things you want, and more, with this system.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Specs mean only as much as what it is you plan on using this computer to do. Most new computers have enough power to do such things as e-mail/surf the web and so on. Now if one saves a lot of big files like pictures and videos, they probably need more hard drive space than someone who does not.

E.T.A.

A lot more computer than I have and mine was/is plenty to take care of what I do for years into the future. The only difference I see is that I have separate Video and Sound Cards in lieu of them being integrated.

So, sounds like it's a pretty good one? I'll post the rest of the info. I didn't think it was necessary but sounds like it is.

Respected Contributor

GRAPHICS AND AUDIO:

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 Audio:

High Definition Audio with up to 5.1 surround sound capabilities

DTS Sound+

Slim 2W external USB powered speakers

DISPLAY ETC:

Display Size: 27 - inch Display Type: IPS LED Keyboard: USB chiclet-style keyboard with volume control, Windows 8 hot keys Mouse: Optical Mouse

CONNECTIVITY:

Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Base-T Network Wi-Fi: Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring Single-band (2.4Ghz) 1x1

PORTS AND SLOTS

Ports:

Headphone and Microphone
Front I/O:

2 USB 3.0
Rear I/O:

2 USB 3.0

4 USB 2.0

Expansion:

3 PCI-E x1 (three available)

1 PCI-E x16 (available)

1 PCI-E x1 mini socket slot (occupied)

POWER:

Power Supply: 300W Power Supply (internal)

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 8.1

SOFTWARE:

Manufacturer Software:

CyberLink PhotoDirector

CyberLink PowerDirector

CyberLink PowerDVD

HP Connected Music

HP Connected Photo