Honored Contributor

I asked this question in a thread and lost the thread, so I'll start over. What operating system is on a Chromebook? IE from Microsoft or does Google have their own? Or is that the Browser and Windows is the OS? I don't want anything touch screen. Is Chromebook enough tell sell on Ebay if I decide to start? I hate this Dell and was planning on going to a Mac, but we have such poor ISP service where I live the expense of a Mac just isn't worth it.

Esteemed Contributor
I posted some information about this topic the other day. It is gone. I would do a Google search using the words "chromebook". There is a lot of information online about this device, and the Google apps used to run it. The OS is called Android.
Esteemed Contributor
Sorry double post.
Esteemed Contributor
Have you considered finding a shell program for your Window 8 OS computer to make it feel like a system running Window7?
Honored Contributor

I have a Windows 7. Due to my "dear" friend who keeps sending me infected emails, I'm about to dump this machine out of exasperation. (Maybe I should dump friend, but that's for another forum) I'm tired of paying to get it de-bugged. So I'm thinking of A Chromebook instead of a repair on this one. I've never considered one, I just know its a good price and has Cloud storage. I don't take pics to speak of and save nothing on here. But I might start Ebay selling one of these days. So will a Chrome book be enough for email, Ebay and surfing?

Respected Contributor

Sounds like you need to learn how to protect your computer against malware.

Esteemed Contributor
I don't think you will have any difficulty sending emails with Google Apps on a chromebook. You need to ask eBay about running a business using a chromebook.
Honored Contributor

I have Malware Bytes and AVG free. Its just this one guy I have trouble with, no one else. Malicious political emails, he is just too gullible for his own good. He crashed his own hard drive last week. I have forbidden him to send any more emails. My tech will put him on block when I take this thing in.

Super Contributor
On 3/31/2014 depglass said:

I have Malware Bytes and AVG free. Its just this one guy I have trouble with, no one else. Malicious political emails, he is just too gullible for his own good. He crashed his own hard drive last week. I have forbidden him to send any more emails. My tech will put him on block when I take this thing in.

Just block him yourself in your e-mail settings.

Honored Contributor

A Chromebook uses the Chrome operating system. As you apparently know, it's essentially virus/malware proof. The one negative to you would be your poor ISP service. Chromebooks are married to the web and you really need good Internet access to fully utilize one. You can do pretty much anything online with a Chromebook so you should be able to manage Ebay sales with no trouble.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!