Respected Contributor

Nebraska Furnature Mart is having an Apple sale.

If anyone never been there it is the size of two football fields. The electronics department is huge.  Ipad mini ( 4 i think) for $277  and I pad pro is around $500. I resisted the temptation and walked out with nothing.  The struggle was real. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nebraska Furnature Mart is having an Apple sale.

Hi KC. Yes, Went to NFM in KCKS today. Huge store-wide sale. We're in the process of moving. Our entire main floor furnishings are going downstairs to finished basement. So, I've been purchasing new furnishings for main floor. Seriously -- I've saved as much money as I've spent at NFM during this spring sale. Amazing. We didn't make it over to technology area, but that's our 'go to' place for technology.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Hi KC. Yes, Went to NFM in KCKS today. Huge store-wide sale. We're in the process of moving. Our entire main floor furnishings are going downstairs to finished basement. So, I've been purchasing new furnishings for main floor. Seriously -- I've saved as much money as I've spent at NFM during this spring sale. Amazing. We didn't make it over to technology area, but that's our 'go to' place for technology.  

That is the one I was at!  around 1 or 2 pm i think

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Left at 1pm to get home by 2pm meeting. Happy to say I walked through the Sees Candy Shop and didn't buy a thing!

Hey, if you like sports -- I hope our Royals are ready for a good season in 2017. Should be an interesting year. I fear we'll say goodbye to a handful of seasoned, favorite players at the end of their contracts. Just depends on the outcome in standings. It's hard NOT to get attached to these players.

It hit 80 degrees here today -- A personal Welcome to Spring -- Take care and have a great week!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I live downtown KCMO but I am a Pittsburgh Steelers/Pirates/penguins fan for I am from Pittsburgh PA  origionally. I do not like the Royals that much 

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz

We have bought furniture from The Mart since it original store in our downtown area. Carpet was their big item back then.  I remember when "Mrs. B", Rose Blumkin rode her electric cart all over the store. She was a character for sure. When they opened on south 72nd it originally was one building, and that too increased in size.

I have spent a lot of time in their electronics building, and bought a few appliances there. I bought a lot of my electronics there until mail order became the cheaper way to go.

As far as apple and anything "i"?  I prefer others that are half the price and do everything I want and/or need them to do.

Bless Mrs. B. She was a very kind and tough cookie when it came to business. She lived well over 100 years, and worked till a very old age. She also opened a store north of the mart, which carried her name: Mrs. B.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Dang, wish there was something like that in my neck of the woods!

Respected Contributor

You can order online but ya its the size of two fooball fields. The electronics section ( not including appliances)  is bigger than a best buy store. Its magical to see.  You can walk it for exercise  I am sure