Trusted Contributor

Re: Might Need A New Compuiter Any Thoughts On An All In One Desk Top

Everyone, I did a quick Google search and found this site (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/secure-windows-xp-after-end-of-support-april-2014) that seems to give some reasonable advice for those who want to keep their Windows XP. Please read but note that if you don't want to be bothered doing all of the recommended steps you may be better off upgrading your machine or switching to a tablet.

KJPA
Super Contributor

On 3/19/2014 gardenman said:
On 3/19/2014 glb613 said:
On 3/19/2014 KittenShopper said:

Why isn't anybody mentioning or concerned about the SIGNIFICANT health risks associated w/i using wi-fi for laptops, ipads etc.??????????? Having a desktop without wi-fi is the safest health-wise. Yeah- I know how seductive the iphones, ipads, notebooks are, but have you read the legitimate scientific data associated with CANCER and cell phones etc. When I must purchase a new computer I will definitely be going with a desktop for that reason alone! I'm already being totally bombarded with smart meters, the satellite tv....equipment.

That's hooey. Millions and millions of people use cell phones and Notebook computers. There is wireless almost everywhere. If what you post is really true, people would be dropping like flies from cancer and other diseases. Guess what, they aren't.

I agree with glb613. Even most hospitals are filled with wi-fi these days. Many of the monitors and devices they use to treat patients communicate using wireless networks. Every store you go into uses wireless networks. Wi-fi is everywhere and has been for a long time. There is no proven health risk from using wi-fi or cell phones.

Gardenman- it cracked me up when you used hospitals to make a comparison that since they use wifi it's safe. Hospitals are also filled with MERSA and other germs, and are by no means safe for people and patients. Many leave a hospital sicker than they come in. That said, I agree that wifi is not something to be concerned about to the level of the poster In hysteria over it. Nothing is pure. And if your afraid of many of the things listed by the poster that would be caused as a result of using wifi, you might as well lock yourself in your home and duct tape the doors and windows shut. **edited for spelling**
Contributor

Not hooey gals. Do your hard scientific research and don't be knee-jerk. Your grocery stores are predominately filled with gmo's. Like that too? Be intellectually open-minded.

Respected Contributor

On 3/20/2014 KittenShopper said:

Not hooey gals. Do your hard scientific research and don't be knee-jerk. Your grocery stores are predominately filled with gmo's. Like that too? Be intellectually open-minded.

Be afraid, be very afraid. After you're done with that, find reliable sources and educate yourself.

New Contributor

At this time DO NOT recommend a DELL. Apparently they are taking QVC orders but not actually shipping out what they promise. Recommend you look at Toshiba or Apple. Customer service is as important as the actual computer hardware you choose.

Regular Contributor

Recently purchased a Toshiba All In One Windows 8 from toshiba.com. Also purchased a 3 year in home warranty. Love this computer. All wireless, great reviews.. This warranty can only be purchased from the Toshiba web site.