Trusted Contributor

Light up LED home button on Tracfone Samsung TSV?

[ Edited ]

Does the home button light up like on the Ultimate 2?  That darn button is the only thing preventing me from upgrading.  I would love a new phone, but I love that feature so much.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Light up LED home button on Tracfone Samsung TSV?

Good question.  I miss that feature.  

Trusted Contributor

From what I can see, it doesn't.  Smiley Sad

Someone suggested an app called NoLED and I tried it on my backup phone.  I can only get it work sporadically, so we shall see how that goes.  I need to sit down and have patience to figure it out and see if it will do what I want it to do.  

I have a feeling that feature will never be back, as the makers seem to want a completely flat front screen with no pressable buttons.  But I guess we'll see.  I love it so much and find it so useful.

I was thinking about just biting the bullet and upgrading, but a few weeks ago my sister texted me late at night while my quiet hours were on saying her neighbor had been robbed and there were a lot of police cars on her street and the police came to her door.  The situation was upsetting to her.  Without that LED button I never would have seen her text that night because my phone was already sleeping.  But I saw that purple light out of the corner of my eye.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Does the home buton light up like on the Ultimate 2?  That darn button is the only thing preventing me from upgrading.  I would love a new phone, but I love that feature so much.

This is a link to the Service Manual  http://www.qvc.com/footers/el/pdf/E230334-ServicesGuide.pdf

I have a smartphone with power saving switch. The darn buttons will not work with the power saving turned on.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree. In fact, I canceled my order for the Sky phone when I discovered it did not have the LED home button messaging feature. I'll keep looking for phones that will visually tell me when I have a message or text. It doesn't seem too much to ask. I've tried various Apps like NoLed and they didn't work on my LG Premier.

Respected Contributor

I have the ZTE Zmax 2 Tracfone from HSN.  Its home button pulses blue when you have a missed call or text.  It has 16mg of storage, a nice, large screen, and is super fast.  I would definitely buy it again.  It uses AT&T prepaid towers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

From what I can see, it doesn't.  Smiley Sad

Someone suggested an app called NoLED and I tried it on my backup phone.  I can only get it work sporadically, so we shall see how that goes.  I need to sit down and have patience to figure it out and see if it will do what I want it to do.  

I have a feeling that feature will never be back, as the makers seem to want a completely flat front screen with no pressable buttons.  But I guess we'll see.  I love it so much and find it so useful.

I was thinking about just biting the bullet and upgrading, but a few weeks ago my sister texted me late at night while my quiet hours were on saying her neighbor had been robbed and there were a lot of police cars on her street and the police came to her door.  The situation was upsetting to her.  Without that LED button I never would have seen her text that night because my phone was already sleeping.  But I saw that purple light out of the corner of my eye.

Hi @Stargazer77. I recommended the NoLED.  I've been using it for years on 2 Trackfones. I totally rely on the visual and audio notifications it provides. It's worked great since I got my settings right. (That took me awhile).

Review all your NoLED settings. Don't overlook the Tutorial built into the NoLED settings.

Under Miscellaneous : 

• Check the box that says Display NoLED icon. Enable this if NoLED misses some events.
  • Check the box that says AutoStart NoLED after a reboot. 
  • Check the box that says NoLED is on/off notification.

Under Battery, make sure the Notification Timeout is set to NO timeout.

Also, I assume you use the audio reminder. Make sure you set the NoLED audio reminder at the same interval as the phone's audio reminder. In other words, don't tell your phone's sound setting to repeat every 20 seconds, but then tell the NoLED settings to repeat every 2 minutes. 

@Mytakeonit@GCR18

Trusted Contributor

@Mytakeonit My uncle bought the Premier and I set it up for him.  I liked it a lot!  Mostly because it was larger in size, but I didn't buy it for myself due to the LED button issue.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @Ainhisg!  I need a Verizon phone, but my backup phone is AT&T so when that comes due, I will check out the ZTE.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @x Hedge!  I will try to play around with my settings this weekend.  I've caught a couple missed spam calls so far using it.  I have purple as my color, but may look to see if another color is brighter and more eye-catching.  Anything you suggest?

I installed it on my backup phone, which I keep on silent all the time, so I wouldn't need to use any audio settings.  It's basically a phone I keep for those whom I don't wish to give my primary number to (stores, etc.).