Honored Contributor

I saw on walmart ,they have the i pad,2021 for$299.00 ,64 gb, best buy has it for several hundred dollars more,help me understand this ,please,it is a pre order.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

They may be different models, or one may have cellular capability while the cheaper one only has Wi-Fi.

Honored Contributor

Re: I pad question

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest @If you go to the Apple Store online you can compare ipad models. The site lets you compare models in a side by side chart with features listed under each model. It's very well organized and helpful in making purchase decisions.  My one suggestion, no matter which model you buy is to get as much storage as you can afford. If you are not aware, you do not have to purchase a cellular iPad model unless you plan to use your iPad while out of the and on the go. Non cellular models work with WiFi. You can text people, get emails, watch to s of tv and even cast shows from the internet to your smart tv. I have an iPad Pro because I use some artist applications that it is best for and because I'm an extremely heavy user and I keep a ton of data on mine. I haven't picked up my laptop in over a year. I just use my i

ad. You can access the Apple store on the internet from any device you have. You don't have to buy from them to see the information. You can also compare prices there. Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I pad question

[ Edited ]

No difference in the products, just a difference in the way the price is set.  Walmart usually undercuts its competitors.

Amazon also has the same Ipad for the same price as Walmart. @goldensrbest 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I saw on walmart ,they have the i pad,2021 for$299.00 ,64 gb, best buy has it for several hundred dollars more,help me understand this ,please,it is a pre order.

@goldensrbest 

The tablet you saw on Walmart was for an older iPad mini for $299.

Best Buy taking pre-orders for the new 2021 iPad mini for $499.

You can find reviews of these two iPad mini on YouTube. 

Please be careful when buying tech products. Apple will sell the latest products on their site at the full price. Amazon and Best Buy may have a discount. Amazon and Best Buy label Apple products fairly well.

I am not  comfortable buying my tech products from Walmart.  They have great prices on paper goods and 2 day delivery. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest 

The tablet you saw on Walmart was for an older iPad mini for $299.

Best Buy taking pre-orders for the new 2021 iPad mini for $499.

You can find reviews of these two iPad mini on YouTube. 

Please be careful when buying tech products. Apple will sell the latest products on their site at the full price. Amazon and Best Buy may have a discount. Amazon and Best Buy label Apple products fairly well.

I am not  comfortable buying my tech products from Walmart.  They have great prices on paper goods and 2 day delivery. 

It is the 10 inch ,2021 model, look it up.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Walmart is selling the newest iPad 9th gen for $30 less than Apple. I first read this on Yahoo News.

Then I compared the models on Apple and Walmart websites. They're the same model. 

Walmart has a later ship date. At Apple, it ships on September 24.