Trusted Contributor

Re: I Bought Myself An Apple Watch and

Also trying to decide if I should get Series 1 or 2...DW

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox Well you have given me something to think about because I don't remember many (if any) people tell me I am a negative thinker....I gather that's what you meant...hummm???  Also I re-read my post and I didn't see anywhere where I directly mentioned @I am still oxox in my post, so I don't understand what there was about my post that you resented?  I was speaking in generalities, not specifics.  

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman I am still wondering if I am going to continue wearing it.  I'm kinda fickle that way.  That was why I bought it through QVC.  I figured I could try it for awhile and if it doesn't work out I could return it.

Ordinarily I'd just give it to my daughter but I wanted to get her the fancier waterproof one and mine is rose gold and I don't think she'd like it.  Maybe my other daughter would like one if I don't keep it.

Come closer....I want to tell you a secret..shuuussshhh...is anyone listening?  I am afraid I'm becoming a hypochondriac...I discovered the app(?) that shows you your heartbeat.  I know lately my blood pressure has been a bit high and I know squat about what it should be beating, but I'm mesmerized at that little teeny tiny hart on this thing pulsing back and forth..back and forth and then a number comes up!  I'm afraid....(please don't tell me) what the number should be....I'd rather live in ignorant bliss and think it's good...Heart  My friend met me for lunch and I was sitting in my car waiting for her (singing at the top of my lungs) and she tapped on the door and scared the ....out of me...it really jumped then.  She said, "Could you please look at me when I'm talking to you and stop watching your heart beat"?  It jumped higher when she said that!  That's not a good sign is it?  No!  Don't tell me, I don't want to know....

Take care and happy New Year.  I love your moniker.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@I am still oxox Well you have given me something to think about because I don't remember many (if any) people tell me I am a negative thinker....I gather that's what you meant...hummm???  Also I re-read my post and I didn't see anywhere where I directly mentioned @I am still oxox in my post, so I don't understand what there was about my post that you resented?  I was speaking in generalities, not specifics.  

I am sorry if I offended you, you are not negative. The people I know around my age, are college educated and have one degree and some many more. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:

Also trying to decide if I should get Series 1 or 2...DW

I got the 1

series 2 has GPS and is somewhat waterproof, so if you want to go swimming and or run and use the GPS feature those are the reasons to get it.

I wouldn't use either so  the series 1 is perfect for me.

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@itsmagic Yes!  I totally agree with you.  I had my printer hooked up to my old router (son-in-law gave me a new printer and hooked it up) and then I upgraded my router because I've been adding things left and right and wanted a faster router.  

Now I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to hook up this new printer to my lap top (it's wireless and air something, so it is a bit challenging).

I posted this because I think so many people are like the way I used to be, think they can't work or figure out how to connect these gadgets.  For the most part connections are made very easy because they want people to use them and they won't if it's too difficult.

I like it when I hear people who are a bit older (like in their 60's or so and retired or on way to retire) jump out there and try new things like you and I are doing.  After all, now this is my opinion, we can do anything a younger person can do (and sometimes better)....HA!

I am 61 and I sort of resent this remark, I am far from tech challange, I have worked with Mac computers for 30+ years,

You aren't old until you're in your 90s.  If you are unable to learn new things while in your 50s and 60s, you need to go to your doctor and be checked for dementia or other forms of memory loss. The human brain is designed to learn new things everyday.  

60 isn't old people

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I understand what you meant....you were talking about people over 60 who are not into technology or who are intimidated by it....it's obvious to everyone that some 60+ people are quite savvy!

I have a 65 year old sister who doesn't own a cell phone...never used a computer!

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Annabellethecat66  I understand what you meant....you were talking about people over 60 who are not into technology or who are intimidated by it....it's obvious to everyone that some 60+ people are quite savvy!

I have a 65 year old sister who doesn't own a cell phone...never used a computer!

So? 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 Now why did you post the So?  @alicedeewas simply making a statement about her sister.  She didn't say anything negative.  She simply stated her sister didn't own a cell phone.  Like everything there are two sides.  On one hand maybe the sister is happy because she isn't bothered by people, etc.

On the other hand people who love and care about the sister may find it frustrating because maybe they worry about her when they can't reach her, etc.

Like I said, she was simply saying her sister doesn't own a cell phone.  Don't read anything into it.

Respected Contributor

@glb613 Now why did you post the So?  @alicedeewas simply making a statement about her sister.  She didn't say anything negative.  She simply stated her sister didn't own a cell phone.  Like everything there are two sides.  On one hand maybe the sister is happy because she isn't bothered by people, etc.

On the other hand people who love and care about the sister may find it frustrating because maybe they worry about her when they can't reach her, etc.

Like I said, she was simply saying her sister doesn't own a cell phone.  Don't read anything into it.

I posted for an answer.  She had to be making some kind of statement, but what?  I know there are a lot of people who wear their lack of understanding like a badge of honor.  Maybe that is why she posted.