Contributor

Help! my incoming emails have all disappeared,

I did  a troubleshoot on it with no positive results. Iam so mad, Iam going to switch email provider but in the meantime, can anyone help me how to locate my lost emails or tell me what happened?   Thx

Honored Contributor

Re: Help! my incoming emails have all disappeared,

Any clues, like what is your internet or email provider?

Honored Contributor

Was this on your PC, your laptop, your tablet, smart phone, etc?  

Honored Contributor

Any CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmiley copy.gifon board?

whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

So sorry for lack of info. Provider is AOL & they disappeared from my laptop. I have been using this laptop for a few yrs & have never had this happen. Also I have microsoft securities essentials. My trash, spam & sent boxes were not affected.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nosymrskravitz wrote:

So sorry for lack of info. Provider is AOL & they disappeared from my laptop. I have been using this laptop for a few yrs & have never had this happen. Also I have microsoft securities essentials. My trash, spam & sent boxes were not affected.

@nosymrskravitz,  (I love your nickname!)  I don't use AOL mail and I have a Mac, iPad, and iPhone.    However,  I did a search and there are several "how-to" hits on the internet about "AOL inbox mail missing."   Since you said in your OP that you did some troubleshooting but didn't specify what you tried...  I'm not sure which of those would be of help.   Are you accessing the mail via an app, or are you going to the website with your browser?    Can you be more specific about what you've tried, other than looking at the trash, spam, and sent boxes, and maybe someone here can offer some suggestions.   I'm sorry this happened -- I know it's frustrating. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@nosymrskravitz, hello.  I don't know if this will be of any help, but AOL email has been "down" for 2-3 days and they "are working on solving the problem."  They could not give me a date when it will be working again.  You should also send them an email and complain to them also.  I have written two times already.

Try going into AOL.com and click on their HELP section.  You may be able to get in "through the back door."

Good luck.

Contributor

I want to thank you all for your caring help. I've been hrs. on the computer with aol trying everything they suggested, Iam going to chalk this up as a lost cause & just go on. Iam upset though because I had photos & info I was holding on to.  In the next few weeks Iam changing my provider, Iam open to any suggestions on a good reliable, easy, trouble free provider out there.  Thank you to all you precious caring knowledgable ppl that are quick to help.