Valued Contributor

Have Internet, Yet Dots and Roku not Working..anyone else?

I have Comcast Xfinity.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have Internet, Yet Dots and Roku not Working..anyone else?

I assume you have a wireless router and it's turned on?  Maybe a call or online chat with Comcast Tech Support would help.

Honored Contributor

(thread title and post)

@saltysails

We have DSL, not cable. We have neither "Dots(whatever that is)", nor Roku.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

The standard troubleshooting is to unplug your gateway and leave it unplugged for a few minutes then plug it back in and see what happens. WiFi has a tendency to drop out from time to time and rebooting typically resolves the problem.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I have Comcast Xfinity.

You need a wireless router.  Do you have one?  You also have to connect your devices to your wireless network.  Do you know the security number for your network?  Once the Roku is connected to your wireless network and your TV, you need to change the input on your TV to the HDMI number it uses to see it on your TV.  Have you done all of this?  

Super Contributor

In central VA for the last few days (since the major storm passed through and there were power surges), our Comcast/X-Finity internet connection has been slow and stutters when watching Netflix or Hulu. I had my husband reset the modem and router, but I still have the problem. Since I know he did not do the resets in the proper order, I need to do it again. If you are anywhere near me, I am not surprised you are having trouble. Perhaps try resetting everything as well?

Super Contributor

My cell phone and my Dot drop connectivity from time to time. I just reboot my wifi box and everything goes back to normal...