Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a Pixel or Pixel XL?

Is there any problem you've had with it so far, or anything you don't like about it?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I can't give you any specifics but my son and DIL are pleased with theirs.  They had iPhones previously.

Honored Contributor

Good to know, @tansy, thanks.

Due to both geography and to unacknowledged, unspecified flaws in a percentage of all the iPhone models since the 5 that neither service providers or Apple want to talk about, I have a year old iPhone 6S that can't receive any voice calls at my house (while an iPhone 5S works here just fine). I love the phone, but I can't go on forever not being able to have anyone reach me at home. In probably a year I'll get another phone.

No iPhone any more because of the above, AND the price, which will be pushing $1000...for a phone. So I have more or less decided to get a Pixel or XL. By the time I'm ready to buy, vol. 2 will be out. Google has said a new phone will be here before the end of the year. They are expensive too, but not as bad as iPhones.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Good to know, @tansy, thanks.

Due to both geography and to unacknowledged, unspecified flaws in a percentage of all the iPhone models since the 5 that neither service providers or Apple want to talk about, I have a year old iPhone 6S that can't receive any voice calls at my house (while an iPhone 5S works here just fine). I love the phone, but I can't go on forever not being able to have anyone reach me at home. In probably a year I'll get another phone.

No iPhone any more because of the above, AND the price, which will be pushing $1000...for a phone. So I have more or less decided to get a Pixel or XL. By the time I'm ready to buy, vol. 2 will be out. Google has said a new phone will be here before the end of the year. They are expensive too, but not as bad as iPhones.

I like this guys reviews. https://www.youtube.com/user/FLOSSYCARTER

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @Nuttmeg :-)

Respected Contributor

Last time I looked the Pixel and iPhone were about the same in price. Both in the $600-800 range.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Last time I looked the Pixel and iPhone were about the same in price. Both in the $600-800 range.

They have already announced that the iPhone 8 or whatever it will be called will be about $1000. I'll pay $700-$800 but not $1000. And in the thread, I give other reasons for not getting another iPhone (this is my second).