Honored Contributor

My new HP desktop came  with  a three month free trial of McAfee as a firewall.  I have always used Norton for  many years, and had three months left on my subscription  for Norton,so I transferred the Norton firewall over to my new computer and refused the McAfee firewall for now. 

I figure if Norton has keep me trouble free for at least 15 years, why change.

What firewall all do you use?

Respected Contributor

I also have an HP.  I use Webroot.  I purchased from Best Buy with my HP.  I've used both Norton and McAfee and find Webroot the best.  My son has a degree in computers and he recommends Webroot.  I was hacked when I had Norton.  My Webroot blocks all the junk and tells me if something is trying to invade and blocks it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Firewall Software

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I also have an HP.  I use Webroot.  I purchased from Best Buy with my HP.  I've used both Norton and McAfee and find Webroot the best.  My son has a degree in computers and he recommends Webroot.  I was hacked when I had Norton.  My Webroot blocks all the junk and tells me if something is trying to invade and blocks it.

@luvmybeetle  ThankYou!  I will look into  Webroot  for when my Norton year subscription cones up for renewal and compare them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Firewall Software

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

My new HP desktop came  with  a three month free trial of McAfee as a firewall.  I have always used Norton for  many years, and had three months left on my subscription  for Norton,so I transferred the Norton firewall over to my new computer and refused the McAfee firewall for now. 

Comcast gives Norton with service. The software has a firewall as one of its components. Please check with your cable provider site for software protection.

Honored Contributor

Good choice, McAfee would not be my first choice.

Honored Contributor

I have Windows Defender Firewall turned on. Surprisingly that has very good reviews as far as its security features is concerned. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,

I also have Norton for 19 years and am very satisfied!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/02/93/06/02930655cf7a01c652235e110fb378a2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Comcast gives Norton with service. The software has a firewall as one of its components. Please check with your cable provider site for software protection.

@Nuttmegb    I only have cable TV with Comcast/Infinity... not internet. So Norton   from comcast would not be availible to me.  I just buy my Norton Subscription  on  their website when my subscription comes up for renewel.  About $49.00 a year.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nuttmegb    I only have cable TV with Comcast/Infinity... not internet. So Norton   from comcast would not be availible to me.  I just buy my Norton Subscription  on  their website when my subscription comes up for renewel.  About $49.00 a year.

Please check your version of Norton, that a firewall is included in the package.