Honored Contributor

Re: Do you really need a touchscreen on a new laptop?

As someone else posted, I use the touchscreen about 1/3 of the time.

I have a work laptop without it and I have to tell you, it is annoying when I try to do something and want to use the touchscreen and I forget that laptop doesn't have that option.

Luckily I am in an office, so no one can see me touching the screen trying to get it to do something.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I have a touch screen on my very old HP all in one.  I NEVER use the touch screen.  I only bought it because it had the specs I wanted. It is tiresome reaching up to do stuff.  The mouse is much more convenient.  It would also be smeared up all the time. 

I have this at work.  Occasionally people will actually point at something and accidently touch the screen.  Of course, it then messes up with their touch.

I wouldn't want one on a laptop.  It would be the same inconvenience as my all in one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

HP has weekly deals on HP Envy laptop. It would be the best place to  buy a product you can have custom built. 

Honored Contributor

I am not a touchscreen lover so when I got my new Dell chromebook I bought one that uses a mouse. Paid less and I'm just as happy with it.

Esteemed Contributor

No... I was not excited to buy a computer with a touch screen if I had that option on my  computers I would probarly not even use it.

Trusted Contributor

i got used to touchscreen functions from using tablets and YES I would positively miss using touch screen on my laptop if I didn't have it.  I also use the cursor and touch pad and keyboard.  I am hooked.   I also love the 13 inch screen instead of the smaller tablet screen size.  Such a difference......I don't need cheeters to read the beautiful 13 inch screen.  YEAH:  ASUS 360 BOOK!  great machine.

Trusted Contributor

Swinging back to say - what you really might love is a lighted keyboard. I always have mine on, day or night. THAT is a nice feature!