Contributor

Couldn't Believe My Eyes - Am I missing something about the latest IPAD Offer?

Well we all know that QVC tends to have serious markups when it comes to electronics, especially tablets. We've all been shocked of the up charges for a USB, bluetooth, case, keyboard etc.

I don't know if I missed something but I saw they finally were selling the current 16gb wifi Air (at least not misleading people into thinking they're selling a new device when selling an older model) for 799? Are you kidding me? The device sells for 499 from Apple. Thats a 300$ markup for a few accessories. No way those accessories cost that much. Its highway robbery. You're paying 60% more than the retail price.

(Which reminds me they seem to like adding the MSRP often and then a little disclaimer that items may never have sold at that price. Its all bogus to make you think you're getting a deal. They now start this whole live support thing - I have no idea what that is except its not the manufacturer so they have no incentive to fix your problem…For Amazon, for example, I believe you can call them whenever you want for support even with the older versions that don't have Mayday)