Super Contributor

Re: Corded phone handset help

@hckynut  My current landline with 4 handsets is a very old Uniden that still works great, I just have a need for the speakerphone or mic feature on a handset.

The base phone is plugged in by phone jack; the handsets are each plugged into a/c, no phone jack; no phone card involved unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by that. The base has a speakerphone but the handsets do not nor do they have a mic slot. 

Yes, corded phone. I need to keep one for now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WildDunes 

Sounds like your phones are really old. I had Uniden years ago, and I think that was the handset's that had the headset Jack, and speakerphone, both. Yours have to be operating on the 2.4 GHz frequency if they are that old.

I an presuming you do not have the funds to upgrade, or that to me would be the simplest route to what you want in your phone system. Don't know if they even make cordless handsets without speakerphone anymore, and most are DECT 6.0 that run on the 1.9GHz frequency.

Will have to go back and read your original post again. Maybe a am still missing your exact goal.

ETA: Read your original again. Exactly how far do you want to move the base, as that is what it sounds like you want to do, right? If you only have 1 in wall jack, that's my best guess. You can buy 100' cords and even buy connectors to add another, or more 100' foot  cords.(originally said CARDS).

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@hckynut  I have the funds to purchase a new system which is what I am going to do. Not knowing that all or most handsets now have speakerphones or mic jacks, I was asking for suggestions on which systems do.

I know about the cords. Used one to run from base to the bedroom to connect with remote base unit for husband's defibillator. But no, don't want or need to move the base. Just need to research the phone's.

Thanks for your input. I always read your posts; you are so helpful to all of us out here asking questions.

Esteemed Contributor

Found on Google...

People also ask

Respected Contributor

Panasonic! I got mine on HSN. It's corded and comes with 3 cordless handsets. They all have the speakerphone feature. They are selling their updated version which is the same and it now has an updated call blocking feature for those pesky, unwanted tele marketers. Go to their website and search for it. I think it was 119.00 it's worth it. Have mine for 6 years. It's like new.

Super Contributor

I did pick up a Panasonic corded with handsets from HSN. The handsets have speakerphone which is a big help to me as I'm on a board and committees that often result in some lengthy phone conversations. Not having to hold the phone is wonderful. Thanks to all for your help.