Trusted Contributor

Can you just buy service time for Tracfone?

I saw this once when I was checking out on their website.  You could buy an extra year's worth of time for 50 dollars or so.  But I've never seen that deal by itself on the website.  Does anyone know anything about it?  

I have a secondary Tracfone (non-Android) and I'm fine with minutes (because I rarely use it), but I need more service time.  I paid 40 dollars for it a year ago from one of the home shopping channels.  It was a deal.  Since it's a secondary phone I wanted to spend as little as possible.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Can you just buy service time for Tracfone?

I needed time in April, had lots of minutes. I went on the website one evening and they had 1 year for $50, as you say. I grabbed it. The next day it was gone. I don't when or how often they offer this or whether it was just a fluke.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

No... you can not just buy time for your Tracfone, you must buy minutes too.  I also rarely use my Tracfone so what I do is buy the cheapest package, which is 60 minutes (I get triple minutes for life) and 3 months of "air" time.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I saw this once when I was checking out on their website.  You could buy an extra year's worth of time for 50 dollars or so.  But I've never seen that deal by itself on the website.  Does anyone know anything about it?  

I have a secondary Tracfone (non-Android) and I'm fine with minutes (because I rarely use it), but I need more service time.  I paid 40 dollars for it a year ago from one of the home shopping channels.  It was a deal.  Since it's a secondary phone I wanted to spend as little as possible.

Every time I buy minutes at Tracfone, I go to the sight, sign in, put minutes in my cart, hit checkout and I get a pop up offering me that offer, every single time.

Try it....if you don't get it, you don't have to complete the sale on whatever is in your cart.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines