Honored Contributor

I hope someone can help me. I have a HP Envy 5530 printer that up to about a week ago was printing wirelessly fine. Now when I try to print something from my computer, it won't print. It shows a trouble shooting icon, and states there is something already printing which is preventing it from printing. I've tried the HP Printer Scan Doctor and am not getting anywhere with that either. I'm not tech savvy so I really don't know what to do. Would uninstalling and reinstalling the printer help? How difficult is that? Any advice would be very welcomed!TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Printer Isn't Working

I also have an HP and when I have received that message in the past -  it was when I had stopped a print command previously - and it then refused to print after that.  My other HP never did that - see if you have print commands still hanging out there and (if so) just let them print even tho it's nothing you really want.  Uninstalling?   Not sure, you might get into more trouble.  Wish I could help more - feeling your pain. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate to ask this as you probably have already done this but have you tried turning the printer off (and leave it off for maybe 60 seconds) and then back on?  Sometimes that will clear out whatever memory/command may be stuck somewhere.

Not too tech savvy here either but there are lots of helpful folks around here that I am sure can answer your question.

Valued Contributor

I have several HP printers at home and work. Try this: go to your START icon button on the bottom left of the bottom task bar and open. See devices and printer; click on. When it opens you will a list of devices you have as add ons, locate the printer you are having trouble with and click on. Read if there are documents in que  (meaning waiting to print; there might be a back up, just cancel all if you can or cancel each one; but cancel them ALL.) Go out and go back to document you are trying to print, if it starts printing you are good to go. If it doesn't you need to go to  hp help.

Esteemed Contributor

Jordan2,

As someone else has mentioned here, most newer electronics "reset" themselves when turned off for a period  of time and turned backmon . With some, "unplugging at the power source" for a period of time/replugging andnturning back to the "ON" position will reset the printer or many other newer electronic devices. 

If that does not work, my guess would another printing command is in the "que process", and needs to be deleted to be able to move on.

My very first printer was an HP, butbthat was over 25 years ago. Different brands have different ways of deleting printing that is in the "que process". I have owned pretty much exclusively Canon printers for years now, thus I am not able to walk you through steps to do this. 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I have a HP printer that stopped printing wirelessly.  After getting so frustrated trying to figure it out what I ended up doing was to send my print jobs to my email then email the print job to the printer. My printer sends me back a email that the print job was received and prints it right away.  Works fine for me everytime.  Your printer should have a factory installed email address..  Hope that helps

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There probably is a print job stuck in the print queue. Try each step until it works.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5530-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/d...

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

There probably is a print job stuck in the print queue. Try each step until it works.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5530-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/d...

I just wanted to thank you and everyone else on the Electronics Forum. Everyone is always so helpful in trying to help those who are less knowledgeable about electronics. My printer is working for now. I did the scan doctor and then unplugged the router and restarted it. I also turned my printer on and off. I then got an option for it to fix what was wrong. I don't think my computer and printer were communicating. I don't know why this happened, but hope it doesn't happen again.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for coming back and letting everybody know you are up and running again.  Great news!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

Thank you for coming back and letting everybody know you are up and running again.  Great news!

I 2nd what "mtc" said. Always good to hear when someone got back up and running.

Best to you "Jordan2

hckynut(john)