Respected Contributor

I've had to adjust the color, brightness, sharpness, etc. to fit the light in the room it's located with every TV I've owned.  I know the stores enhance the look in the stores but, that doesn't mean the TV won't look good in your home.  Unless you buy a really cheap off brand, it will look good in your house. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613

I totally agree with you. You are one that is a smart and knowledgeable shopper when it comes to all electronics. People spend a lot of money on these items because of not doing a little research, which is so easy nowadays, to be a little smarter as an electronics shopper.

I hope those that read this thread get the points of what you/@gardenman, and myself have pointed out for them.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@glb613

I totally agree with you. You are one that is a smart and knowledgeable shopper when it comes to all electronics. People spend a lot of money on these items because of not doing a little research, which is so easy nowadays, to be a little smarter as an electronics shopper.

I hope those that read this thread get the points of what you/@gardenman, and myself have pointed out for them.

hckynut(john)

Thanks John.  I have checked out websites for the ideal calibration numbers for the set I own.  While I don't always agree, it does give me an idea of what looks good in the average person's livingroom's lighting.  The best thing to do is get into the setting and play around.  There is a reset option so you can always undo the changes you've made.  I've done that plenty until I get the setting where I want them.  I really like my Ulta HD TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a rural resort community that is at least 3 hrs from a major population center.  My local choice to buy a tv is Wal-Mart and that isn't going to happen.  Usually when we need a tv I drive to Costco with our truck.  Several years ago I treat ed another approach:  I did my research and buying on Amazon Prime.  There are complete specs and numerous ratings as well.  We ended up with a 60" Panasonic and we had it in 2 days with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

When they were first coming out with big screen TVs my DH bought a 2 fer from Shop NBC. I was away visiting in El Paso and when I got home - there they were. One slightly large and one huge. One on the wall between the living room & dining room & one in his den.Well, they are the best TVs ever - we still have them and I think we got them around the year 2000. They are both hi def - both still work perfectly, great pictures. They went through the move to Florida and everything.

For our camp we got a smart TV at HH Greg - nice Tv and has a lot of features but can't hold a candle to the ones at home for picture quality.