Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use a wireless charger?

When I purchased my Galaxy edge they showed me the wireless charger. I was just wondering if anyone had one and if they liked it.

Hubby is a little rough plugging his phone in and has damaged his plug on his charger on his last phone. I thought it may be good for him.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use a wireless charger?

I can take it or leave it.  I find the charger (cord) that came with my new phone to be the best as it is a " fast" charger and it gives me a 100% charge in less than 30 mins.  My wireless mat is not that fast.

I do not see the need for the additional expense for us.  Also my DH phone can not be charged wirelessly.

Respected Contributor

I use a wireless charger and love it.  I got it with my Nokia phone, but it works with any wireless charging enabled phone thankfully as I acciddentally drowned my Nokia at the beginning of the summer.  Mine is a rapid charging unit that accomodates just one phone at a time.  I keep it on my nightstand and just place my phone on it at bedtime, that keeps my phone handy even when it's charging.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the Galaxy S6 Edge and was interested in getting this. I have a case on my phone. Would I have to remove the case in order to charge wirelessly?

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

O have the Galaxy S6 Edge and was interested in getting this. I have a case on my phone. Would I have to remove the case in order to charge wirelessly?

Good question!!

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

O have the Galaxy S6 Edge and was interested in getting this. I have a case on my phone. Would I have to remove the case in order to charge wirelessly?

I have a case on my phone and have no problems with the wireless charger.

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana thanks. I'm going to look into getting one.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

Good question!!

It depends on the case. My one friend has to remove her case the other does not.   ??!!!???

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

Good question!!

It depends on the case. My one friend has to remove her case the other does not.   ??!!!???

I have a very heavy Incipio case on my phone and don't have any problems.  Perhaps it's as much a matter of the power of the charger pad/mat as the phone and case?

I would probably go to someplace like Best Buy and ask if they can get a charging pad out for you to test before you buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

Good question!!

I have a very heavy Incipio case on my phone and don't have any problems.  Perhaps it's as much a matter of the power of the charger pad/mat as the phone and case?

I would probably go to someplace like Best Buy and ask if they can get a charging pad out for you to test before you buy.

If you are going to buy a charger go to Best Buy web site and read the reviews. If you have a Verizon phone check their site for reviews of the company's branded charger. I would then go into the stores for a demo.