Valued Contributor

Anyone have a 13 in. iPad? Size question.

I am buying a new iPad, considering the 13" Air-M2 and wondering if the extra size makes holding the iPad less comfortable.  I've had @11" iPads for years and have been happy with them. 

I use the iPad for reading and for streaming 95% of the time. When reading  I hold the iPad in my hands so I can get it close to my face (for vision purposes).  

Wondering if someone frequently holds their 13" and finds that comfortable.  All the videos I've seen show the 13" iPad on a desk.  I cannot go to a store to hold one, have to order online. I realize the 13" weighs more. But is the size awkward?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a 13 in. iPad? Size question.

I thought the new 13" wasn't available until May 15.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apple is taking orders starting today.

To clarify, I'm asking if someone has an iPad Pro in the 13" size, really it's 12.9.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the 13 inch today. Pick it up next Wednesday. I too have the 11 inch and decided to get the bigger one. We have friends who have the bigger one and plan on getting a new one of the same size and love it. They do a lot of reading on it and it seems good. 

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

I am buying a new iPad, considering the 13" Air-M2 and wondering if the extra size makes holding the iPad less comfortable.  I've had @11" iPads for years and have been happy with them. 

I use the iPad for reading and for streaming 95% of the time. When reading  I hold the iPad in my hands so I can get it close to my face (for vision purposes).  

Wondering if someone frequently holds their 13" and finds that comfortable.  All the videos I've seen show the 13" iPad on a desk.  I cannot go to a store to hold one, have to order online. I realize the 13" weighs more. But is the size awkward?

@JGalt , Just a thought, did you ever consider a Kindle for reading.? They are comfortable to hold and you can adjust the type size and font.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 Thanks for the suggestion. I do use my Kindle for books but prefer the iPad for magazines and news.

Honored Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Thanks for the suggestion. I do use my Kindle for books but prefer the iPad for magazines and news.

@JGalt  Gotcha !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty , I'm leaning toward the 13" Air, realizing if it makes me uncomfortable I can return it. However, just a couple weeks ago I returned an iPad Pro 11", and Apple may think I'm a deadbeat and not sell me any more if I do this again.  

I must add, the Pro was amazing, but I had issue with the sound. I had thought the 4 speakers would be great. They were really great for music, but even turning off the stereo, the spoken word was somewhat muffled.  Along with poor eyesight, my hearing also has limitations.  That's why I stream TV shows and movies on the iPad. I can read the captions and everything is honky dory.

I have no trouble with sound on my 3 other iPads, Air2 or iPad 9th gen., and mini, so it seems I need a plainer sound box.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

@JGalt , Just a thought, did you ever consider a Kindle for reading.? They are comfortable to hold and you can adjust the type size and font.

@QVCkitty1 

I have the Kindle app on my iPad.  With the app I can adjust type, etc. the same as if I were using a Kindle.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@JGalt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

I have the Kindle app on my iPad.  With the app I can adjust type, etc. the same as if I were using a Kindle.

@shoesnbags , I too have the APP on my IPAD, but I prefer the kindle. It's just a personal preference. If you get the 13" IPAD, let us know how you like it , if you would.🌺

Daniel Patrick Moynihan