Super Contributor

@GingerPeach Thank you so much!!! I have so many emails to delete and this sorting option makes it so much easier.  I was thinking of getting another email service since my favorite part of AOL was not working for me.  Thanks to you I can use AOL for 30 more years!

Honored Contributor

Glad to help, @lizzys

I was thinking of doing it, too, but got lazy.  Let me know if you like it.

And Happy New Year, too!  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I have had AOL for about 20 years too. So I’m with the “uncool” kids.  Cool!

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I don't know what the fuss is about AOL accounts.

They're completely free if you choose that option, they're pretty reliable, and they have excellent sorting/folder capacities.  Easy peasey.  

I wish people would stop feeling they have to apologize for things that so-called "mainstream" users don't all use.

@GingerPeach- Exactly what I was going to say!

I'm also tired of people dissing something because they consider it "uncool" or old technology.

I spent 25 years in I.T. and believe me, I saw a lot of the "new" stuff that was pure junk.  My mantra is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My DH and I have AOL accounts, they're free, they work and I'm not apologizing to anyone for it.  I think my ego can suffer the "slings and arrows" of the hipper, wiser young things of the world.

I also have other email accounts, but I will keep my AOL account until they cease to be.

Venezia & Homgirl:  Thank you!  I have never had any problem with AOL and see no reason to change to something else.  If it works, why would I change it?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Face it; it's considered UNcool to use AOL.  Sort of old-fashioned and passe.

I could care less if I am not considered "Cool"  I went through that stage in the 70's.  I am all grown up now and never cared about what is "in" or "cool".

Honored Contributor

I have AOL. I tried Yahoo and Gmail and went to AOL and I like it best. I know that people joke about it but I like it Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

@GingerPeach Happy New Year to you too! 

What I have found is the keep as new option is not shown in the header so you have to take an addtional step to use the keep as new option.  I think I will just switch when I need to group delete or file then switch back for everyday use.

@lovesallanimals About 15 years ago I was told that I was too young to still be using AOL.  I think by now I am old enough!  Heck, I know someone that still uses Prodigy so I think I am in the cool crowd with AOL!

Respected Contributor

Re: AOL question

[ Edited ]

@lizzys wrote:

What I have found is the keep as new option is not shown in the header so you have to take an addtional step to use the keep as new option.  I think I will just switch when I need to group delete or file then switch back for everyday use.

@lovesallanimals About 15 years ago I was told that I was too young to still be using AOL.  I think by now I am old enough!  Heck, I know someone that still uses Prodigy so I think I am in the cool crowd with AOL!

Prodigy still exists??  Shuttered for a very long time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lizzys wrote:

@lizzys- Not sure why you're not seeing the "Keep as New" option.  Nothing appears in the general header until you open an email or tick the little box to the left.  Then the full header appears with all the options.

I don't remember ever being able to save as new, without taking one of those actions first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll tell you what's uncool about AOL.  Ever have a problem and have to talk to one of their techs in India?  First, you understand only about every 5th word they say.  Tell them your problem....eventually it'll occur to you that your tech doesn't know what he or she is doing.  After an hour or so, the tech reaches the same conclusion so he just hangs up on you.  Then you get to start all over again.  I've done this repeatedly over 3 hrs in an evening.

I had an account, could sign on with my password.  There was nothing they could do, however, that would allow me to get my email.  I called over and over but they couldn't fix it.  I gave up and never looked back.

Yes, it's a great service.

@Kachina624- I've never had a problem in decades of using AOL.  But I will say what someone else has said; most places for years have outsourced their customer service overseas.

I've dealt with CS reps in other countries many times and managed to understand them.  (I like to think they're doing a job and are trying just as hard to understand me.)

But you found a solution that works for you; you went with another service.  It's great to have a choice.

(ETA:  Ironically, some of the best programmers in the world for the new technology come from India.)