Honored Contributor

Re: 3/29/17: How do I get BOLD/DARK letters in the title of my post?

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @esmeesmerelda!   You're correct.   The only way a title "always" appears in bold is if we don't read the thread or if we're not signed in.

I guess my comments were as clear as mud. 😉  The website software has the ability to use bold letters in the title, users do not.   The site uses bold letters as a "marker" or "flag" to show each person if they have or haven't already seen everything in a thread.

For that reason, the topic line is not the same as the area in which we type the body of our original post or our replies -- the formatting options are very limited, for all of us.

In the title, no poster has the option to use bold letters, underline, italicize, use colors, choose a different "font family," etc.    We can use upper- or lower-case letters and we can add some emojis and symbols.  I hope that helps answer the question. 😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova