Honored Contributor

I have never used my navy/white hydrangea satchel...

I had it in my trunk, ready to go to Goodwill...but I decided to check the Bay first and see if it had any value.

Not ONE bid on similar satchels...no wonder my local Clothes Mentor wouldn't take the bag!

It was a TSV - and my local Clothes Mentor said they don't accept any TSVs.

Disappointed...but hopefully Goodwill can make a few bucks from my donation!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I have never used my navy/white hydrangea satchel...

You could try selling it on your own on EBAY first.  Sometimes I do that and then donate the proceeds to charity.  I am sometimes disappointed when I donate an item and they put a low price on it when I know they should price it higher. Even if I don't get what I paid for it I am getting a greater amount for the charity...unless you know they will ask a decent amount for the bag. You can check "sold listings" for an idea of what those bags are selling for.  Did you know there is a FB group that only sells QVC items in which you could list there.  Good Luck!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

You could try selling it on your own on EBAY first.  Sometimes I do that and then donate the proceeds to charity.  I am sometimes disappointed when I donate an item and they put a low price on it when I know they should price it higher. Even if I don't get what I paid for it I am getting a greater amount for the charity...unless you know they will ask a decent amount for the bag. You can check "sold listings" for an idea of what those bags are selling for.  Did you know there is a FB group that only sells QVC items in which you could list there.  Good Luck!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the tips, @avid shopper.

I think I'll just donate it directly to Goodwill. They also have on-line auctions if they think the bag is worth while.

Esteemed Contributor

Clothes Mentor won't take a Dooney&Bourke??  How do they know it was a TSV and what matter does that make anyway?  I have often seen the TSVs at Macys.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a satchel I have never used also.  It's been two years and it's still in the dust bag.

Honored Contributor

The hydrangea bags at Macy's were trimmed in green - the TSV was trimmed in red.

That is what the buyer at Clothes Mentor told me...she said the TSVs are always identifiable.

Our local Clothes Mentor said there is no market for them locally.

She actually suggested that I try the Bay - which is where I found out there isn't much of a market for Dooneys there either.

They won't take them because they can't sell them.

On the other hand, I got $100 for a full length Dennis Basso faux mink. She said that faux furs are popular around the holidays (I went in that time right before Thanksgiving).

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

The hydrangea bags at Macy's were trimmed in green - the TSV was trimmed in red.

That is what the buyer at Clothes Mentor told me...she said the TSVs are always identifiable.

She actually suggested that I try the Bay - which is where I found out there isn't much of a market for Dooneys there either.

On the other hand, I got $100 for a full length Dennis Basso faux mink. She said that faux furs are popular around the holidays (I went in that time right before Thanksgiving).

I doubt most shoppers would know or care.  I really don't see any difference, it is not a counterfeit, who cares??  Just hard to believe.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I doubt most shoppers would know or care.  I really don't see any difference, it is not a counterfeit, who cares??  Just hard to believe.

It happened.

Why would I make it up? I have at least 5-6 Dooneys that I love, especially a Daphne from 15 years ago or so. I still carry it!

Respected Contributor

I decided to start clearing out my handbag closet last fall and so far have sold more then 20 Dooney bags on ebsy and for good money. Who knew!? I used to just keep things but  I have done well, especially when selling never-worn bags. 

Respected Contributor

Send it to me!