Honored Contributor

Re: OMG an almost $50 D&C velour top!!!

I hate velour. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I think a poly velour must be very like the stretch velvet.  IMO, the nicest velvet is made of rayon, maybe with a bit of silk in it.  Years ago, I bought a shirt from the Lizden line with that blend.  Lizden used to have lovely silks.  Also, D & Co used to sell cotton velveteen, which is also a very nice fabric.  I had some velveteen leggings & azip front jacket about 20 years ago.  Should have kept it!  Closest thing are Gilman velvet jeans.

Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

I saw the show today too and had the same reaction. $47 for a Denim & Co. top is just too much. I won't pay that. 

I love Denim and Co. but the price hike is causing me not to buy. It a top is under $30 now that is a good price.

Velor is always in and out of fashion. I wouldn't wear it myself. But the price....eeek.

I got a fist-full of catalogs last week and was astounded by the prices in them.  One had many shirts along the lines of Denim & Co.  People are always complaining how D&C's prices have risen.  The most prevalent price in one catalog of moderately priced clothing for tees was $59.99.  It's not just QVCs prices that have risen, it's all prices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dperry wrote:

I saw the show today too and had the same reaction. $47 for a Denim & Co. top is just too much. I won't pay that. 

I love Denim and Co. but the price hike is causing me not to buy. It a top is under $30 now that is a good price.

Velor is always in and out of fashion. I wouldn't wear it myself. But the price....eeek.

I got a fist-full of catalogs last week and was astounded by the prices in them.  One had many shirts along the lines of Denim & Co.  People are always complaining how D&C's prices have risen.  The most prevalent price in one catalog of moderately priced clothing for tees was $59.99.  It's not just QVCs prices that have risen, it's all prices.

I wonder the same thing.  The prices in most clothing stores have risen, as prices always do.  S&H are very high with many of the catalog merchandise, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Really 50 dollars for a designer top? I doubt it. Not a lot of money for a top. Velour or not.

Super Contributor

Watching the sales and usng coupns, I find many nice things at Macy's, Christopher nd Bsnks, and Alfred Dunner at Penney's for much less than Denim andCo. Snd I can try them on first. And even if I order from one of those places, it is with free shipping. When I eas a lot heavier and it was harder to find pretty things in the stores, DC made more sense but not anymore. All the last things I've ordered have gone right back.