Esteemed Contributor

recently many  items are popping up in lines I either missed out on  or decided afterwards I had to have .  I just wonder how it came about that now they are waitlisted after a few months of airing.   Could it be that additional product is excepted soon ?   I would love to actual get these items and did waitlist with hoping they will actually become available and I'll get them .  

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore Well, there's no way of anybody on this forum of knowing for sure the ins and outs of waitlist. However, I'm pretty confident in saying a waitilist is most likely an item canceled by a customer, an item available due to a credit card declined, or most often, a customer return. I'm sure there are times items will be re-ordered but that takes months. 

When I am on waitlist I am aware it will probably be a customer return. I have no problem with that if all the parts are there or the item is in like-new condition. 

In my case, I only get about 25% of my waitlist items. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Kitty Galore Well, there's no way of anybody on this forum of knowing for sure the ins and outs of waitlist. However, I'm pretty confident in saying a waitilist is most likely an item canceled by a customer, an item available due to a credit card declined, or most often, a customer return. I'm sure there are times items will be re-ordered but that takes months. 

When I am on waitlist I am aware it will probably be a customer return. I have no problem with that if all the parts are there or the item is in like-new condition. 

In my case, I only get about 25% of my waitlist items. 

@cjm61   I'm thinking most likely these recent items are going to be customer returns seeing that they sold out 2 to 3 months ago .  As you wrote it takes several months to re order items .   I don't hold out much hope .  In the day waitlist items I would place I'd receive 90% of the time ,  not any more .

Esteemed Contributor

I'm actually seeing many , many decor items showing up on waitlist that have been sold out for months , some lines since last season even !   So I'm wondering if that is an indication that these particular lines are going to be scheduled soon with these repeat items ....hope so.  I will check program guide often.  

Honored Contributor

Since QVC contracts most of their items, there are not items on a shelf for re-orders once something is sold out.  Waitlist shipments come from failed payments and customer returns.  

Respected Contributor

I don't mind trying to get a waitlist item as long as everything is included in the package and it isn't damaged.