Esteemed Contributor

Re: The "your connection is not secure" on Google Chrome on QVC

Yes,  QVC.com is no longer secure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When using Google Chrome QVC, HSN & Evine sites all three have the circle with the i inside which means not secure. These sites all need to be updated.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?hl=en

Respected Contributor

Can someone explain to me how huge online shopping sites like QVC, HSN, and Evine can all three NOT be secure? This makes no sense to me. And I just happened to click on the Bath and Body Works site a minute ago and got the same non secure icon. I don't get it. I know absolutely nothing about these matters, but this must be a Chrome issue. How can QVC be secure on IE, and not on Chrome?

Someone out there please explain how all this works to the clueless...ME!     

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

When using Google Chrome QVC, HSN & Evine sites all three have the circle with the i inside which means not secure. These sites all need to be updated.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?hl=en

Q either needs to renew or verify their security certificate with Chrome.  Apparently, they haven't bothered to do so.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

Can someone explain to me how huge online shopping sites like QVC, HSN, and Evine can all three NOT be secure? This makes no sense to me. And I just happened to click on the Bath and Body Works site a minute ago and got the same non secure icon. I don't get it. I know absolutely nothing about these matters, but this must be a Chrome issue. How can QVC be secure on IE, and not on Chrome?

@pupwhipped  Once you sign into your accounts on HSN and Evine and enter into private information, ordering or billing, the secure lock appears.  it does not appear on Q's, even if you sign into your private information.  

On the other ISPs, they may have renewed their license, but it appears they haven't on Chrome.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am using a laptop and firefox.

when i go to my order status page there IS a padlock and the "i"  says that my connection is secure.

i also checked via IE and microsoft edge browsers......they all have the security padlock symbol when i am signing into my account or order status.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@pupwhipped  Once you sign into your accounts on HSN and Evine and enter into private information, ordering or billing, the secure lock appears.  it does not appear on Q's, even if you sign into your private information.  

On the other ISPs, they may have renewed their license, but it appears they haven't on Chrome.

Got it. I just went to HSN and I see what you are saying. Thanks very much, @RoughDraft.

Now, what are we supposed to do? I assume ordering anything from QVC while on Chrome is a no no...since I order all the time I'm probably already scr&wed. Ha! And checking our order status is probably out, as well? What about being on these boards? Should I only access QVC via Internet Explorer from now on?

Like I said before, sorry I am so clueless on all this. But I would certainly like to understand and know more.

Thanks again for your help!

pup 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

@pupwhipped I asked DH the same thing about IE showing secure & Chrome showing it's not. DH said he was not sure he would have to research it. I asked him if I should be using IE to place orders then. He said if Chrome shows it's not secure but IE shows it is that Chrome Security features may be better then IE & they are just trying to show you it's not a secure site even though it looks like it is with IE. Confusing??? How are we suppose to know if it's secure or not? I'm glad the only cc #'s I have listed on these 3 sale channel sites is their own credit card. I won't be paying for any fradulent charges that's for sure.

Went back to HSN & Evine & they both also show the i in the circle which says not secure. When you login on HSN or Evine it comes up with a secure page to login. QVC however does not do that. When you login to your account the page still shows the i in the circle & if you click to login to your account a page flips by fast with the padlock but immediately goes to a screen to login with the i in the circle & no padlock which is not secure.

Trusted Contributor

Just another sign QVC needs to hire IT staff that actually knows what they are doing!  Heads should roll for this, and the non-working web site today.  There is no excuse for it in this day and age!  I've called them in the past when the site acts up, and they try to blame my computer.  The thing is, it has never been an issue with my computer.  Must be a line they give the folks on the phone to tell us.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Runner26 Thank You for posting this.  I for one never pay attention to it, but will from now on.