I was suppose to receive a Denim and Co top today that had been on wait list.  The item was delivered by the usps.  When I opened the package the contents were for someone in Northville, MI.  The exterior of the package is addressed to me.  I called Customer Service.  Spoke to a guy who seemed so unconcerned and I had to keep asking if he was there because he wasn't answering me.  I finally asked to speak to a supervisor.  I told her I was concerned about where my top was and who received my order that has my address on the inside packing slip.  She seemed so unconcerned and said there shouldn't be a problem they only have my address.  I said well I have this persons name and address and I don't think she would be happy knowing I have it.  I said I am concerned about identity theft and try to protect myself.  She said well if you have a problem they have a security team available.  Just not very concerned about my problem at all.  She put me on hold and then was cut off.  I called back to speak with her and was told I would have to leave my name and number because she isn't available.  So I told this other person what happened and that I have the item number I was to receive and the tracking number.  She again seemed not to concerned and said return what you received and that the item I had been waiting for was not available but they will credit my account. Well who did you send my order to?   I really wanted this top.  UNREAL.  Not happy with how this was handled.  Has this happened to you?  

QVC Customer Care

@csurvivor I am really sorry this happened and for the lack of concern.  Unfortunately, if the item is not available we can only add you to the waitlist if there is one, but in the meantime we have to refund your money.  If you need further assistance please email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com.  

Melvin, Customer Care 

Trusted Contributor

I understand your frustration, and I am sure I would feel similarly in such a situation; however, I think you are too overly concerned about someone having your address.

In 2016, the reality is that anyoe with internet access has not only your name and address, but they could probably find out a lot more information about you than someone who accidentally received your package.

Mistakes happen, and with thousands of packages going out daily, this type of error is bound to happen on occasion.  While it is frustrating, there is not point getting worked up over it, and if the customer service reps seem unconcerned, it's probably because this is just not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the club !!!  I had the same thing happen to me about a year and a half ago.  When I called I was told the women who got my blouse had already called and she was sending it back.  They told me also to send back the item I received and they would refund it, I told them I didn't want a refund I had waited a long time on wait list to receive the blouse I ordered and when they got it back couldn't they just send it out to me and I was told no.  I then asked if they could move me to the top of the wait list so when it came in it would be sent out to me and was told they couldn't do that., I then asked to speak to a supervisor and when she got on the phone I asked the same thing , if I could be moved to the to of the wait list she said no "we can't do that you would have to write to corprate for that"   she was very snippy and not at all helpful.   She ended the conversation by saying to had put me back on the waitlist, the bottom of course.  I was at the time a supervisor for a transportion co., we had wait list for trips people wanted and if a clerk had messed up a reservation we were able to move people up to the top wait list as an aid to correct our error.  I see by your post  nothing has changed much,  I don't think QVC's  CS is able to do much of anything at all. For me it left a real sour taste in my mouth for this company .   OH by the way I never did receive the blouse !!!!   

Honored Contributor

Last year I had several delivery problems in a short period of time.  Annoying!

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

I understand your frustration, and I am sure I would feel similarly in such a situation; however, I think you are too overly concerned about someone having your address.

In 2016, the reality is that anyoe with internet access has not only your name and address, but they could probably find out a lot more information about you than someone who accidentally received your package.

Mistakes happen, and with thousands of packages going out daily, this type of error is bound to happen on occasion.  While it is frustrating, there is not point getting worked up over it, and if the customer service reps seem unconcerned, it's probably because this is just not a big deal in the scheme of things.

@KYToby  While your statement is true, no one would have th OP's name unless he/she received that info from the Q statement included in the package. I would be concerned if that happened to me. I would not appreciate its being taken so lightly by CS.

Esteemed Contributor

@csurvivor: not just you. Exactly the same thing happened to me last week. Outside of bag addressed to me. Inside was someone else's item and order info.

Fortunately, I was able to reorder my item, and the price was reduced from my original order.

Honored Contributor

@csurvivor  Yes, this has happened to me. Same situation. I was credited for my order I did not receive, and sent  I back the other person's order.  Mistakes happen I guess, but it sounds like you were  Not treated very nice by CS. I suppose they are under payed and over worked ticked off people who should not be working in CS.

Trusted Contributor

The same thing happened to me several months ago. I felt badly for the woman who didn't get her LOGO top. Those things often sell out so fast that I'll bet she never got it. Customer Service was able to send me another of the item I ordered. However, they didn't seem very concerned. I asked them to let the other woman know what happened so that she wasn't confused when she got a return confirmation email for an item she never received. They didn't seem to think that was necessary, nor did they seem overly concerned about sending me someone else's personal information, and vice versa.

Honored Contributor

The CS people to whom you spoke were unconcerned because for them it's a routine occurance.  I've had it happen to me 3 or 4 times over the years.  It's very frustrating especially if you've been on wait list.  With a huge operation like the Q has there's just no way they can give personalized service like reuniting a returned order with its rightful owner.  They know the chances are slim so they must give a refund instead.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment