Trusted Contributor

QVC moderator: question about TSV prices.

Well, have a question  about the TSV sales prices for jewelry. I am shocked. I bought the emerald TSV ring in July for $499.00. I have never used easy pay before, but this time I did. Well, lo and behold, three months later the ring is selling for $289! That is $210 less!!!!!!! I have never seen this before.

I now have two easy pays to make! Well, lesson one: I am never using easy pay again (even thought this was the first time); second, if I like any other item on QVC I am going to put it on my wish list first and wait three months to buy. I am pretty angry about this. Isn't the TSV price supposed to be the lowest price for at least 6 months or a full year?

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC moderator: question about TSV prices.

@Squirrel LoverI just read the pricing info in QVC's policy statements.  I had thought as you did that there was some kind of time on the TSV price.  Not according to what I read.  The only timing is the one that says the TSV is for that day only.

That $210 is a big drop and it's very unusual around here - most of the time when I was still buying jewelry, what I really liked, I just bought because I felt like I could wait until forever for the price to be significantly less like in your experience.

Not sure if you're seeing something that's going to be as unusual in the future since lots of retailers are having trouble selling jewelry in what they call the mid-price range.  Maybe we'll see more big deals like they are offering today. 

Sorry you got caught on the wrong end of the sale although I can't think of any way a retailer could prevent something like happened to you except to take anything going on sale in the next 6 months off the market.  No way they can afford to do that.  Is there another way?

Honored Contributor

yes, the pitfalls of ordering a TSV. i feel your pain.

i passed on the ripka TSV yesterday because i figure in about 6 months it will be significantly less than the pricing yesterday.

in early june i ordered the then ripka TSV (J330385) at a cost of 114.80 plus shipping plus tax......a brand new item. i bought it in every version available. a total of five necklaces. yesterday, that same necklace (just about three months later, was priced at $69 AND had free shipping.

i paid $574 total for five necklaces plus tax plus shipping.

if i had waited just three months it would have cost me $345 plus tax and NO shipping fees.

a huge difference in price......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Sunshine45, aren't you pee-ood? I am mad. I have not experienced this before. QVC always waited a long time before they lowered an item price that was a TSV to rock bottom prices.

What is going on with the Q? There have been so many changes in the past year.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has never guaranteed that the TSV will be the lowest price.  It is the lowest at that time, but iut is subject to change.  (One-time-only prices are supposed to be the lowest for six months, though.)

While I can appreciate the frustration, the fact is the OP thought it wad a good deal at the time..  Had the price not dropped, she would still be happy.

This is not different than buying a steak at the supermarket for $14/lb. only to have it go on sale the next week for $7/lb. 

Although this is frustrating, there is nothing nefarious on QVC's part, and it seems a bit silly to complain about QVC's pricing policy when the issue is that the OP misunderstood the policy.  You cannot hold QVC account for your misunderstanding.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your response. I obviously did not understand the TSV pricing policy. But I am dissappointed and will not make the mistake again. Your argument is fair. I am just mad, I should be mad at myself. But I do love the ring!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover

yes, it does make me mad, but probably more mad at myself. i dont think qvc will do anything about it and i doubt that even a moderator is going to respond to this thread.

this was why i passed on the last JR tsv.......i have a feeling that it will be marked down soon and i know i can easily wait. it didnt sell out and i am pretty sure i know why. the ladies are catching onto their pricing games.

buying something expensive and then having it marked down just a few months later is a good learning experience!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I am noticing more and more that the TSV are not selling out as they used to.  Our economy is not good like they want us to believe it is. 

I would call CS and at least voice your frustrations.  I mean they may do nothing , but at least they will know your feelings.