Respected Contributor

I have a problem signing in almost every day.  Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 tries - tonight it took 4!!!  Any idea why?  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Re: FOUR tries to sign in!!!!

[ Edited ]

@spent2much, Exactly what happens when you try to sign in?  I've seen several scenarios, and the reasons and solutions can vary depending upon exactly what we see upon each login attempt.😊

I'll start with the one I encounter most frequently, in case it relates to your current experience.

When my email address is filled in, I see a red banner:

"Hmm, something went wrong. Try again, or contact Customer Service at 888-345-5788."

I've found these steps work most of the time for this scenario (which I think is related to using a bookmark/favorite that no longer works properly):

1 -- Click/tap on the Q icon to go to QVC.com main page.

41810EC9-8562-4B67-BC87-4C1F1C05E4CD.jpeg

2 -- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click/tap "Community Forums"
Snapseed.jpeg

3 -- and then click/tap "Sign In" toward the top of the Community, just above the black "Welcome | Connect with the community" banner.
IMG_2034.jpeg

4 -- This should return you to a new login page which might allow you to sign in.

If that doesn't work, clear all browser cookies/cache/website data and try the login again.

I know it's frustrating! 
The tech problems on this site have been an ongoing issue since I first started using QVC.com...  and that was a long time ago.
Fingers crossed this might help, but if it doesn't please post again with more details and maybe one of us can use our detective skills to assist!🕵️‍♀️😊
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For a long time now we've been seeing the same reports of login problems.  I think these might help answer the "why" question:

1 -- Using a saved bookmark/favorite to access QVC's site is more and more problematic as time goes by. 

This website makes so many changes, so often,

and this can cause the links used by our bookmarks/favorites to be unreliable.  

2 -- This site more than others requires that we delete cookies/cache/website data and be sure all software is current, up-to-date, in order to avoid instability.

3 -- There often is a perceptible lag between the time we enter our email address and/or password

and the time the website can recognize and evaluate it.  

I think that's the reason for the occasional sign-in that results in an "Oops" or "Hmmm" message, or even a screen display saying (erroneously) that QVC is currently unavailable.  

One fix for that is to enter the email address... 

wait a few seconds...

enter the password... 

wait a few seconds... 

then click/tap "Sign In".

(For the record, I have Brave, Safari, and Firefox on my Mac, and Brave and Safari on my iPad and iPhone.  I clear all cookies/cache/history/website data at least once a day.  All software is the most current version.  Standard ad blocking extensions/addons don't appear to be causing these login problems.) 

Wishing all of you a lovely, peaceful night/morning!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I had a problem signing in about a month ago. After several days I was eventually able to sign in through the Community forum page. After about a week I was able to sign back in on the sign in page. I've not had any problems since. I have no idea what happened. Sorry

Honored Contributor

I've gotten the "Oops, something went wrong" message a few times lately.

Before I do anything else, I just keep tapping the "continue" button rapidly and after several taps, the password box shows up.  Then I am allowed to sign in as usual.

I don't know if that's a problem with my device or on Q's end.  But it's been working.🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

I have a problem signing in almost every day.  Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 tries - tonight it took 4!!!  Any idea why?  TIA

That happened to me just before I had to do an online Q chat and completely change my password.

Respected Contributor

I had trouble signing in a few weeks ago.  I took a break for about 3 days, came back and signed in with no trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems that QVC made some kind of update to the logins.  I used to use some ancient icon on the iPad and it doesn't work well anymore.

Since I updated my icon to follow the forum path from the bottom of the main page, all has been well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

It seems that QVC made some kind of update to the logins.  I used to use some ancient icon on the iPad and it doesn't work well anymore.

Since I updated my icon to follow the forum path from the bottom of the main page, all has been well.

@Still Raining 

I think you're right.  I noticed recently that now when I first start entering my password the box turns red until I reach the required number of digits for passwords.  It never used to do that.

I also find that going to the main Q page first, then down to the bottom to Community Forums, I have an easier login than any other way.  After I'm signed into the forums, I can use my bookmark to get back to them with no problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Hi, @Still Raining!  The login page has looked the same for a long time (I have some really old screenshots), but the path of old links changes a lot, takes us to different servers, old cached areas, etc., sets new cookies and/or doesn't "play well" with old cookies/cache/data on our devices, that kind of thing.  
You're right that the website itself has frequent changes and, in my opinion, few seem to be for the better.  

Your old icon would be a bookmark/favorite, and by updating it you resolved the problem -- doing the same thing I described (in my clumsy fashion 😛🙃😉) which is to go to the main page, then scrolling down to "Community forums."  GMTA!😊