Respected Contributor

I got packages from 4 different online retailers this week and not one had a return label. They all handle online returns by going to your original order and following instructions for returns.

Esteemed Contributor

I know it can be a problem if you don't have a printer or cellphone. Printers are so inexpensive that it might be worthwhile to purchase one. You can handwrite it on paper and attach to package but without the code to scan, payment would be on you. I don't buy alot but I rarely if ever send anything back. Sometimes, we just have to accept the new ways and try to get it.

Honored Contributor

I just noticed this today! 

I have a few items to return and now I have to go print them out.  Then when I do I have to tape it to the package.  It was much nicer when a return label was provided and it has an adhesive back.

Yet the invocie still has a section where the label would have been along with the adhesive.  It just says, "Need to return something?. Visit QVC.com or call"....blah, blah blah.

I guess they are hoping that we just can't be bothered to make a return.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Loves Cats 80 ,

I thought so too until I went into my QVC account online and started a return by clicking on orders and finding the one I wanted to return. Follow the prompts and they send you a "QR code," to your email which I had never heard of until recently! This seems to be the new way most

retailers are doing returns and I actually like it!

You take your phone with the code and return the package to where you chose on your online return. With Amazon, I am told you don't even need the packaging, just the code when you take to a UPS store or other they designate. Pretty amazing. 

It is great IF the place of return is convenient and not too far.

Make sure where you take it that they will be able to print the label from your phone's QR code. Some places are just drop offs like pharmacies with UPS or Fedex and don't have the ability to print the label. 

I go to a UPS Store very near me. It sounds complicated but it isn't if all things are convenient for you, but aggravating if they are not.

But if you don't have a place near you, or a printer to print out the label, I agree, it is very inconvenient.

My other solution for me is I just don't order unless it is something I absolutely know I won't return because I hate having to return anything. It is just one more errand I don't  want to do!

ps-many retailers (not sure about QVC though I think they do), also offer free pick-ups by UPS Fedex or USPS, depending on who the package was from originally.

@on the bay But you still have to go to the place that takes the return and possibly wait in line to be helped. Yes it's another errand.  

With the old way I just taped up the package, slapped the label on and either had my mail carrier pick it up by my front door or dropped it off at my local Parcel Place...no standing in line with packages that have labels. Just drop them off.

Honored Contributor

Many items now ship directly from the manufacturer and they don't come with a shipping label.  It's inconvenient but only to those who don't have a printer or refuse to buy a printer.  My sister goes to the library when she has to print something.  We bought a new one early this year, it was just $69 from Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Kitty Galore@Loves Cats 80,

I totally get the frustration.

If we do not own a printer, nor are anywhere close to the return designation, it is not convenient at all.

How about those who don't own a computer or smart phone etc at all?! 

But it seems there is no going back to having return shipping labels in everything.

Yes, it is "convenient" until it really is not at all.

@on the bay  you totally get it !  Thanks 😊 I'll figure it out somehow .  I will from now on make sure I really want the item I'm ordering as I don't need frustration when qvc should be making things easier, not more difficult.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I generally get return labels; if I don't I can always print one.  Or you can call CS and they will email you one or send via USPS.

@rms1954   I usually do get the return label ,  it seems that qvc is changing the process of including one .  Normally I just go ahead and print one , no big deal .  Right now my printer isn't working there is where my issue is .

Esteemed Contributor

I heard back from Barb from QVC customer service .  Very helpful as always !  I understand what to do in the future now if a label isn't included. I'm not big on change is all , but it is what it is .   Thanks Barb 😊

Valued Contributor

Re: Did you know? Returns

[ Edited ]

For me, when I have a return label I put it in my mailbox with a note for mail carrier to please mail. If its a box, I'll watch for him & hand it to him. The nice thing is, I DONT have to DRIVE ANYWHERE!

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I know it can be a problem if you don't have a printer or cellphone. Printers are so inexpensive that it might be worthwhile to purchase one. You can handwrite it on paper and attach to package but without the code to scan, payment would be on you. I don't buy alot but I rarely if ever send anything back. Sometimes, we just have to accept the new ways and try to get it.

@elated your right sometimes we do have to just accept new ways .  Wether we like it or not.