Valued Contributor

Re: what happened to Albany's leg?

@Alsee wrote:

Can't even a hospital visit be private any more. Good grief. What big egos lately.

I know.   After going through that, going on social media wouldn't have been my first thought or action.    If she is in a brace from her ankle up to her thigh, she did more than tumble.   Looks awful.  I've had broken bones and it's no fun and extremely stressful.

Hope she gets better soon and focuses on her recovery.

Honored Contributor

It's the perfect time to be off for the whole summer.    jk

Honored Contributor

She won't be wearing her heels for awhile.

Trusted Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Can't even a hospital visit be private any more. Good grief. What big egos lately.

100% agree....some things need to be private, but the facebook invasion and QVC's constant promoting it is a big part of the problem. 

We just do not need to know everything about ANYONE'S private life. 

I am beginning to hate facebook....as I have said, it is leading to too much self promotion and unrelenting narcisissm. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry she had an injury!  I hope she heals soon.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

I know.   After going through that, going on social media wouldn't have been my first thought or action.    If she is in a brace from her ankle up to her thigh, she did more than tumble.   Looks awful.  I've had broken bones and it's no fun and extremely stressful.

I'm not into the "over-sharing" that takes place on social media with so many people these days.   I like some of the hosts, others not as much, but they're all human beings.    When it comes to the hosts (and maybe the vendors, too), it seems as though they're da--ed if they do and da--ed if they don't.    If they aren't on-air, the threads and posts begin about "where's [fill-in-the-name]?"   Speculation begins, and then unless a reason is posted right away the person is criticized for not providing info about what happened, where they are, "details, give us details."   If they do post about the reasons for their absence, they're criticized for sharing too much, etc.   I wouldn't want to be in the public eye in today's world...  far too much scrutiny online, and no way to please people.

I wish Albany well, and hope she has a speedy recovery.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

I'm not into the "over-sharing" that takes place on social media with so many people these days.   I like some of the hosts, others not as much, but they're all human beings.    When it comes to the hosts (and maybe the vendors, too), it seems as though they're da--ed if they do and da--ed if they don't.    If they aren't on-air, the threads and posts begin about "where's [fill-in-the-name]?"   Speculation begins, and then unless a reason is posted right away the person is criticized for not providing info about what happened, where they are, "details, give us details."   If they do post about the reasons for their absence, they're criticized for sharing too much, etc.   I wouldn't want to be in the public eye in today's world...  far too much scrutiny online, and no way to please people.

I wish Albany well, and hope she has a speedy recovery.

You nailed it, @dooBdoo.

Valued Contributor

I agree.  I remember, not too long ago, that if you were a host, you worked, Hardly a voice, sprained ankle, etc, not anymore.  Some hosts changed this.  No wonder there are too many newbies hired.  I have been a qvc customer since they started, and if you were sick or had laryngitis, you reported to work.  Now, a so called vitamin d deficiency allows a host off work for months, or a concussion (questionable always) requires "concussion therapy",  please, summer is here, and a perfect time to be off work.

Respected Contributor

Sending good thoughts out to Albany. Too bad some on here can't just say they hope it nothing serious and that she will be back soon. I am sure one of the other hosts would have mention something about her mishap, and let the viewers know that she got hurt. Don't see one thing wrong with the picture of Albany in her cast bet it is both pain full and uncomfortable. Get well wishes to Albany.

Contributor

We really don't know if Jacque Gonzalez's illness was a vitamin deficiency. Perhaps it was more serious and she preferred to keep it quiet.

As for Mary Beth Roe, a concussion can be serious and if she is undergoing physical therapy for it, then this is a serious condition. Besides, her accident took place about 2 months ago, not exactly summer

Jacque's been sick for 4 months, meaing January.