Respected Contributor

Re: the ONE sentence said by EVERY generation

@truffle wrote:

The millennials I know are very much into extravagance and having more, more, more of everything. They are also adept at dissing those they dislike usually without knowing someone very well.  I think their attitudes has more to do with those who became successful either from nepotism or out of sheer luck coupled with a desire to be more successful than their parents.   They do not live with them nor do they ask them to babysit.   So there are millennials who are successful and then there are those who are extremely dependent on mom and dad....depends on which ones you have met in your life; a mixed bag in today's economy.  

Sounds like a description of every generation since time began...

a mixed bag of people.

~Enough is enough~
Valued Contributor

Re: the ONE sentence said by EVERY generation

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

The millennials I know are very much into extravagance and having more, more, more of everything. They are also adept at dissing those they dislike usually without knowing someone very well.  I think their attitudes has more to do with those who became successful either from nepotism or out of sheer luck coupled with a desire to be more successful than their parents.   They do not live with them nor do they ask them to babysit.   So there are millennials who are successful and then there are those who are extremely dependent on mom and dad....depends on which ones you have met in your life; a mixed bag in today's economy.  

Think that may depend on where you live. Where I live, its very uncool to "show off" or have name brands, especially if there are logos on the product. My niece dislikes most things with a big expensive label and loves shopping at goodwill and lot of her friends do as well. She lives in an expensive suburb in Nashville. When I lived in DC it was common for younger people to show off their wealth but even then, think the older generations splashed it more than the millennials. Honestly think its all about if they're raised that way as well.