Honored Contributor

Re: just for fun- "I have way too many...."

@momtochloe  I SO understand. That was me until a few years ago because.....

I wanted a recipe that my MIL (an amazing cook/chef) made and we spent not hours but DAYS looking for it due to the HUNDREDS of cookbooks she owns. I mean... in the kitchen, in her study, in the downstairs basement library place (lol), on a table here, on a table there..... not to mention the FILES of recipes in 4 REAL file cabinets.

I went home and looked at mine and though... OMG, I'm on my way to the same thing. I'm down to 5 and my recipe box. I'm good to go, lolololol.

Honored Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

EXCUSES for not cleaning out my closet.:-( 

@10000Nicknames, I don't particularly like to inflict pain on myself either!!!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Pink Cleome wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Shoes, clothes, family members, unused cookbooks and kitchen gadgets, unread books and unused vacation days.  They are all waiting on me to do something with them.  Donations probably.   Anyone need a used relative? I can throw in a neighbor for fun. Smiley Wink

Wow,  I would love to give several neighbors too,  I grew up in the city, but our neighbors were the best,  they would look out for you,  bring in the empty trash cans, keep an eye on the kids,  but not these days.

@Lovs2shop ... We still have great ones, but some are just "needy".    I think, and have been told, they just need DH to help.  He is the neighborhood "husband".   Our sweet couple next door have the same problem.  She and I just laugh when the guys are off to help a lady in distress ... again.    Of course they ( our menfolk) give us the evil eye, but how can we say no when they ( they ladies in need)  ask?   LOL 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

@10000Nicknames, I don't particularly like to inflict pain on myself either!!!  LOL!!!

@ECBG

@10000Nicknames

Yes but I just have to ask  . . .  isn't that what closet doors are for?

Heaven knows they are in my house . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

too many little booklets to keep info in and too many diet books (still have a bunch of books).

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

That would be way too many great things in my life for one man.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@10000Nicknames wrote:

@ECBG

@10000Nicknames

Yes but I just have to ask  . . .  isn't that what closet doors are for?

Heaven knows they are in my house . . . Smiley Happy

But, what if you can't close them?  That's my problem.  *shame face*  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Oh I just thought of another one . . . plastic shopping bags from the grocery store.

As it's just me and I don't generate a lot of garbage I use store grocery bags in my garbage cans.  It works out well as I am recycling bags and don't have to pay for garbage bags but this is where it gets obsessive.

To be honest, I usually use cloth bags when I go shopping but there are a couple of stores around here that have really great plastic bags and fit well in my garbage cans and I have hoarded more of their bags than I care to admit.  I actually have a pecking order in terms of what bags are good, better, best.  How sad is that? . . . good heavens I really need to speak with someone about this . . . sigh.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shoes and boots. Wanted to buy the recent boots TSV but managed to look in my closet and talk myself out of them.

@Mz iMac - take a couple hours, bit the bullet and organize your pantry. It's tough but the feeling of satisfaction when done is immeasureable. A friend came over after I organized mine and said she had "pantry envy" - lol!

And @momtochloe I started hoarding plastic grocery bags when our county decided stores could no longer give them out. Now, some of my favorite souveniers are plastic grocery bags. Hoarding them, oh yes.

Respected Contributor

Re: just for fun- "I have way too many......."

@Mz iMac wrote:

Toilet paper 

I stack up on the Charmen mega 36 rolls I get from BJ's.  It's just me in the house but I have a morbid fear of running out of toilet paper when I really need it.

The only thing in my bathroom closed is toilet paper stacked from floor to ceiling. peep.gif

@Mz iMac  This made me laugh!  I had a vision of the often referred to "gift closet" filled with tp and "poo pouri" just waiting to be given for a holiday!  Thanks for the laugh!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!