Trusted Contributor

We have always had dogs and cats and love them all. We mourned when they passed. That book that we can not talk about clearly tells up what animals are for and how to treat them.

The courts are backed up, criminals are caught and released, I am sure this is about money as most things are, and power to hurt the person who hurt you, power over others.

Heard there is a lot of pot smokers in ak.

Most law makers are lawyers, cashing in.

Regular Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

We have always had dogs and cats and love them all. We mourned when they passed. That book that we can not talk about clearly tells up what animals are for and how to treat them.

The courts are backed up, criminals are caught and released, I am sure this is about money as most things are, and power to hurt the person who hurt you, power over others.

Totally agree with this.  Love my animals, but the ones benefitting from this will be the lawyers.  Anything they can do to keep that billable hours clock running, they will do.

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2...

I know you're a resident and animal lover,  so cheers!  8)

Respected Contributor

Re: go Alaska! thank you!

[ Edited ]

Thanks @feline groovy ~ I got the cat, my girl Pearl =^..^= which was just fine with me.  He got the dog.  She was such a good, sweet and smart pup.  

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2

Sounds like it worked out well.  8)

Honored Contributor

A pet is not a piece of furniture, he's a living feeling being whose best interest should be of concern and considered. Other states should enact similar legislation. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays

The way I am reading this is pet custody will be handled in divorce court cases when the division of the property is decided........it's not adding a separate case for just animal custody.  So the thing that is backing up the court system is all the divorces...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”