Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Opinion on the new Chevy Tahoe commercial....

I saw the commercial as the girl seeing how luxurious the car was and THINKING it cost more than it did, therefore asking for me money because she thought the people had more money than she initially thought. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

It's just the current incarnation of the "Alpha Kid". Disney perfected the formula...bumbling parents & wise, conniving kids running amuck. Get used to it...commercials are profiting...ie. recent Halo clementines.

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

I saw the commercial as the girl seeing how luxurious the car was and THINKING it cost more than it did, therefore asking for me money because she thought the people had more money than she initially thought. Sorry for the run on sentence.

Good interpretation.

Honored Contributor

But were you appalled?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/2/2014 terrier3 said:

But were you appalled?

No, the kid had some hustle in her.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2014 terrier3 said:

But were you appalled?

No, the kid had some hustle in her.

That's what I thought too!

Esteemed Contributor

geeze.....all this chat about it and I don't remember ever seeing it....I will have to pay closer attention to commercials...

Honored Contributor

This was discussed on a previous thread and I think Aubn01 had the best response to this little thief;

I might actually give her the $60 she asked for, but I'd then tell her I'd never be using her services again & why!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/2/2014 Qwackertoo said:

I don't care for it. But then . . . they should do a follow up commercial with a NEW babysitter and say that old babysitter tried to gouge me . . . and we work hard for our money and I didn't take too kindly to it so I hired YOU and a deal is a deal, here's your forty bucks~!

I've heard of people "dressing down" a bit to go new car shopping . . . which I don't go out in all my Sunday best and jewelry . . . no since in getting the salespersons hopes all up as I deal a tough, hard bargain . . . but then we don't buy often . . . either . . . .so the Tahoe commercial and all the others are money completely wasted on me.

edit typo

Oh this is me, LOL. I beat them down until I get what I want{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This commercial does not bother me near as much as the Halo's commercial.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I don't care for the commercial, and it certainly doesn't convince me to even go buy/look/testdrive a Tahoe. Isn't that the idea behind advertising??