Contributor

A Special Memory from your Wedding Ceremony?

My son and his fiancee are planning a simple wedding for May. They have a location, Photographer, and an Officiant reserved. It will be for our immediate families. As they plan their wedding ceremony, do you have a special memory of something that you included in your own ceremony that you could share with us. We have thought of using a Unity Candle (part of my own ceremony years ago) but they are open to suggestions for other ideas that you may have used. Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Special Memory from your Wedding Ceremony?

Our special memory was wearing our team jerseys for our court house/family only wedding, which by the by was on February 14th, a special day for some.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 hckynut said:

Our special memory was wearing our team jerseys for our court house/family only wedding, which by the by was on February 14th, a special day for some.

I love it, you have an anniversary coming up. Congrats.

Honored Contributor

We also were married on Valentines Day - apparently a very popular thing to do as there were 3 weddings at our church that day. When I was planning my wedding (second marriage) I mentioned to my Mom that I was going to ask my friend to be my MOH and she said she wanted to speak to me about that- she asked me if she could be my MOH - I was thrilled to have her stand up with me so that is my very special memory - my Mom was my MOH.
Honored Contributor

BTW - since it was my second marriage we also had a very small wedding - about 20 guests and a reception breakfast at a restaurant - my Mom made our cake - it was all very simple and quiet - and I liked it much more than my first marriage where there were 125 people and all the hoopla. I'm sure that bride and groom will find something that will make it very special for them. An old friend of ours married a minister and they didn't have a lot to spend so they had a tea, coffee and cookies reception in the church hall. It was a quiet and respectful of the vows being made wedding and reception - one of the prettiest weddings i have every attended. The wedding was in the evening and the church was lit by candles. At the reception the guests sat at tables and friends of the bride walked around the tables serving soft drinks and pastries. The cake was small - there were a lot of prayers for the couple by several ministers who were in attendance. Soft music played in the background. Every wedding should reflect the personalities of the individuals - and this one did so beautifully.
Honored Contributor

My Dad whispering in my ear, "I am glad you're making it legal." It was precious.. I miss him so..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Feb. 14th for me, too, John. I believe weddings are lovely and sweet. Beware of dysfunctional family members. They have a knack for putting a damper on lovely, well-planned ceremonies. Sadly.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Frequent Contributor

My special memory from our wedding which will be 48 years this year,having my grandmother their.She lived in Iowa and never really went very far from her home.I live in Illinois so my parents went and got her.Another special memory is that my youngest son was born on her birthday.Loved her so much.

Super Contributor

We loved our unity candle lighting, too.

My other 2 favorite parts:

Both of us repeated this to each other; we both said, "...and always be my friend".

The minister read I Corinthians 13:4-8:

Except the minister said "Love never ends" as the last line, instead of "Love never fails". That's what I had engraved on our tombstone when my beloved dh died: Love Never Ends.

Contributor

On 2/14/2014 JamicaJammer said:

We loved our unity candle lighting, too.

My other 2 favorite parts:

Both of us repeated this to each other; we both said, "...and always be my friend".

The minister read I Corinthians 13:4-8:

Except the minister said "Love never ends" as the last line, instead of "Love never fails". That's what I had engraved on our tombstone when my beloved dh died: Love Never Ends.

You brought me to tears! Blessings!