Respected Contributor
On 3/1/2014 SydneyH said:

I only have the sympathy for the children that are left without a parent, many times those that are incarcerated had ample chances to clean up their act.

amen to that............those parent CHOOSE to do drugs/steal.......those kids didn't choose it, they got dumped with it.................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

There, but for the grace of God, go any one of us.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/2/2014 Feline Fine said:

There, but for the grace of God, go any one of us.

Actually, no, it's not "but for the grace of God, go any one of us." Most of us choose to adhere to the law and, therefore, we are not in prison. Those women in prison broke the law and they fully deserve to be where they are!
Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2014 happycat said:

My dad goes to prisons with a group of other men as part of a ministry, and he has told me some of the stories told to him, and if they are true, they are indeed heartbreaking.

Rainbows, I guess each situation is different. Women in prison for drugs just hit a nerve with me, as my dd just took her friend to the ER Friday night when she was throwing up blood, her friend stayed with us after that b/c the dr said she didn't need to be alone, and we were happy to have her, but ya know, I would hate for my dd being anywhere but with me when she was that sick. And I have been told way too much about this young ladies childhood to be objective when it comes to this subject.

I agree. These people need drug rehab programs. They're not a threat to the community, and don't belong behind bars.

Honored Contributor
On 3/2/2014 september said:

I agree. These people need drug rehab programs. They're not a threat to the community, and don't belong behind bars.

Some are September, drug addiction should be treated as a health concern UNTIL the person commits crimes, it's usually a very short period of time between the two.........