Respected Contributor

Woman's World Magazine 4/29 edition

I often buy this magazine, picked up one today and the QVC 50 and over Ladies were on the cover and a page in the magazine had a picture of Jane Brown,  Sandra Lee, Kim Gravel and Allina Villasanti all beautiful Ladies. QVC says 50 is the new everything.  Discover the age of possibility!  Has anyone picked up this magazine ?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman's World Magazine 4/29 edition

How exciting!😁 I have not purchased it, and was not aware it is still in print, but think it is WONDERFUL that they are promoting it this way! It makes PERFECT sense to market it with a magazine that has ALWAYS celebrated and PROMOTED women! I see it as a win-win!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I saw it but no interest at all in reading it.  It's all part of the multi million dollar ad campaign for the Over 50 and Fabulous thing.  Which I actually like.  I'm enjoying the Facebook group which is up to 30K members and real conversations about life are starting.  Very little QVC talk and some women didn't know QVC started it.  They don't shop Qvc and discovered the group on Facebook.  I'm not terribly interested in the hosts or ambassadors.   

Trusted Contributor

I can't wait until this ridiculous infantile  promotion is over.  I never thought I'd be looking forward to Christmas in July.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree I do not use Facebook, but another poster recently shared how much she likes that group as well!👍 I am certain I would enjoy it, as it is promoting a POSITIVE, empowering message for women 50 and beyond, and I think that is WONDERFUL!💝💝 Conversely, much has been said about the reasons it is not liked by many!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

I can't wait until this ridiculous infantile  promotion is over.  I never thought I'd be looking forward to Christmas in July.

@Bookplate  - LOLOL best post ever!

Respected Contributor

I saw Shawn Killinger on the cover of a magazine in the grocery store check out line tonight. Did a double take. It was related to the big over 50 marketing promotion.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I get WW in the mail so I saw that page which featured four QVC 50+ women. I didn't recognize Sandra Lee so she may not be the person I used to watch on the Food Network. Jayne and Kim were familiar to me. Didn't know who the other fashion person was.

Honored Contributor

Well, good for them! 

I like this promotion.

It just might prompt many women 50 and over to appreciate these years, which pass by so very quickly.

Before we know it, a person is 80+.  Then, 50+ ages seem very, very young.

So: Enjoy all of those years in-between !  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate :  You are not alone...