Honored Contributor

Re: Wolfes in Sheeps Clothing?????

I have more trouble with junk mail than junk calls.  The junk mail drives me nuts.  I HATE dealing with that stuff.

Honored Contributor

No calls here. The voice of a talking horse or a baby makes no difference to me. Unless I am "playing having fun with the caller at their own game", I don't listen to their pitch for whatever they pushing.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I just keep my phone off the hook, unless I need to use it for emergency or power outages.   Life is good, so far, and knock on wood.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I hang up immediately and don't think much about it. I have an elderly aunt who constantly complains about annoying sales calls, which she describes in detail! When I ask, "Why listen? don't you just hang up?" she  seems annoyed with ME.  I have realized that somehow she gets a kick out of getting the calls and getting angry with these people. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I just keep my phone off the hook, unless I need to use it for emergency or power outages.   Life is good, so far, and knock on wood.  

@ROMARY  What do you mean by "off the hook?"  Silenced?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sooner: You're very young and I'm too old, lol.  It's an 'old-fashioned' saying/phrase ('Off the hook').  What I meant is the receiver is placed along side of the base.  (Landline)  The people calling hear a 'busy' signal.  Hope that explains it. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

No, never got one of those but a scam is a scam is a scam even if the scammer pretends to be a child.  

Trusted Contributor

I never pick up calls when I don't recognize the number. If it's someone who really needs to talk to me, they can leave a 

message. If it's a scam, I don't have to listen to their schtick. The more you pick up those calls and entertain their nonsense, the more they continue to pester you. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't had the calls referred to (young girls).  I have had the "IRS" even though I didn't answer.   I also get one frequently and the first question she asks is "can you hear me?  My headset doesn't seem to be right."    I do not answer because sometimes they want you to say "yes" and then they use it to authorize a purchase, etc.    I normally don't answer if I don't recognize a number, but sometimes I have to for various reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I get automated calls from several places that I'd hate to miss.  My doctors office and all the departments with the University Medical system use them to remind patients of their appointments.  My dentist's office also uses such a system.  Even Walgreens uses one to advise that a prescription is ready. 

yes these legitmate calls will leave you a msg dont worry about those 

junk calls wont