Valued Contributor

Re: Will You Be Carving Pumpkins?

Yes, I will be carving a pumpkin.  It wouldn't be Halloween without the traditional

Jack O'lantern.   I also have faux pumpkins and Jack O'Lanterns.  This way there is something festive should those naughty squirrels get to the real ones.

500w_P1030412_800w.jpg

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, we buy pumpkins that we carve, some we leave whole. We are going this weekend to the pumpkin patch to buy them. My grandson loves it along w the hayride. We get bails of hay, corn stalks and these HUGE mums. The nursery we get ours at every year has the most ginormous I have ever seen. I buy about 3 or 4 mums of different colors, hay, corn stalks and pumpkins that I carve and some I leave whole. I also get the little mini pumpkins. 

I usually carve them around this time and I haven't had too many go bad despite living in a warmer climate than I used to. I also have strands of the colored fall leaves too. 

The best part of having so many pumpkins is cleaning all of the seeds and roasting them in the oven with flaked sea salt. Yum.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

I soooo dislike the separating of the seeds from the flesh but love roasting the seeds. 

I brine them in salted water for a day or two. Then I dry them and roast. Sometimes I add seasonings to some.

Great that way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve gotten lazy and buy one of the pumpkins that are covered in warts and maybe a Cinderella pumpkin for the front porch and call it a day.  🎃