Super Contributor

Why oh why would I buy anything on QVC today when HSN and Shop HQ have everything discounted, greatly discounted. I would not buy anything that was not being offered at a discount right after CHristmas and I do not understand why QVC doesn't have a big clearance sale on air as HSN and others have. I know that they offer clearances online but why not on air? Haven't watched it for the last couple of days because of this. I'm not doing alot of shopping right now but it is just really curious to me why QVC lets this huge opportunity go.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why would I shop QVC today?

Because I like what I see at the Q better than I like what I see there.

If I didn't like what I saw when it wasn't on sale, putting it on sale doesn't help. I'm just wasting a little less money. I

d end up putting most of that stuff into a thrift shop with its tags still on it. Been there, done that. Won't do it again.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't and haven't shopped at QVC today, although I have watched some of it. I prefer shopping at the mall where there are some great deals.

Honored Contributor

You wouldn't.....if you find what you want at acceptable prices elsewhere. That would be silly. But I don't buy just any merchandise because it's cheap. I tend to shop with specific designers and vendors and retailers. I looked at Shophq and Hsn but nothing appealed to me. I agree, the markdowns are great but I'd rather stay with a retailer and vendors I have faith in. So, I did buy two sweaters from Qvc. Because I liked them and they will coordinate with other things in my wardrobe and I know the fit. I think that's why Qvc doesn't have to resort to bargain basement type sales. Qvc is much, much bigger than the other two and Qvc has a loyal customer base.
Respected Contributor

I scored big time at Old Navy yesterday........got a $70 mohair-looking winter jacket in a beautiful light aqua color for $17 (it's beautiful...really surprised).....also got leggings and t-shirts.....about $150 worth of goods for $48!!

Super Contributor

Macy's had 75% ... yes ... 75% off of shoes ... my daughter bought 7 pairs of shoes for $114 ... she had a $100 gift card ... so she only gave up $14 ... name brand shoes ... Guess ... Michael Kors and others ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

On 12/27/2014 humpty dumpty said:

Macy's had 75% ... yes ... 75% off of shoes ... my daughter bought 7 pairs of shoes for $114 ... she had a $100 gift card ... so she only gave up $14 ... name brand shoes ... Guess ... Michael Kors and others ...

Sounds as if she got things she liked.

My only quibble - and it doesn't matter because it's not my money - but she spent $114 for her haul, not $14! But that's exactly why retailers love us to give gift cards - research shows that lots of people treat them differently than they treat cash. I even sort of understand it - I remember when ATM's first came on the scene. For some reason, $100 from my ATM just never lasted as long as $100 I spent from different sources.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't. Much better deals at my favorite stores out & about. I got some nice jeans at Macy's, boots at Cabela's and a Pendleton scarf.

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 chrystaltree said: You wouldn't.....if you find what you want at acceptable prices elsewhere. That would be silly. But I don't buy just any merchandise because it's cheap. I tend to shop with specific designers and vendors and retailers. I looked at Shophq and Hsn but nothing appealed to me. I agree, the markdowns are great but I'd rather stay with a retailer and vendors I have faith in. So, I did buy two sweaters from Qvc. Because I liked them and they will coordinate with other things in my wardrobe and I know the fit. I think that's why Qvc doesn't have to resort to bargain basement type sales. Qvc is much, much bigger than the other two and Qvc has a loyal customer base.

I did find a great sale at J Jill and ended up buying 5 pieces from them for up to 60% off and J Jill is not a cheap retailer. I had looked at these pieces all year but didn't really want to spend that much. But, with the sale, I would buy them. Yes, I also like specific designers and looks but , at this time of year, there is no reason to be spending full price for anything, no matter how much I want it. I was a very loyal customer to QVC but no longer.Their clothing is getting boring , same old, same old. Maybe QVC doesn't have to resort to bargain basement sales. I guess they don't have to be like Neiman's, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales. As a very loyal QVCer for a very long time, I am tuning in less and less because of the rut QVC seems to be in. Nothing appealed to me either on HSN or ShopHQ but that is not the point. At least they had sales! Gosh, even the Lunchtime Specials have gotten awful and boring! They really need to shake it up on QVC! And , if I do not like something, I'll return it and get my money back rather than taking them to a thrift shop and get nothing for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I really cant complain about Q now, (although I still think their prices have gotten a bit high).

BUT I must say the Frozen things I bought my granddaughter arrived on time and work and she loves them.

AND, also over Christmas I paid way too much for shipping (on 2 OTHER sites where my 1 granddaughter and daughter wanted something, and they were the ONLY places I could get them) so now I Qs shipping isn't as horrible as I thought! lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles