Honored Contributor

Re: Why is everything a battle to get done?

"That's not my department."

Honored Contributor

I won't even begin to tell about my last two weeks ... it's too exhausting and frustrating.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@Imaoldhippie   One of the reasons I've lived at my address for 24 years is the THOUGHT of having to change it and the clerical work that would entail, to say nothing of the success rate trying to accomplish it in one try!  It seems like it would be like a "career."

This is one of the reasons why we won't get rid of the house phone and just our cells for every thing.  

Just the thought of having to notify every one of the change makes my head hurt!

In the end it would be my number that gets given out to everyone and everything because he refuses to answer his...

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

This is one of the reasons why we won't get rid of the house phone and just our cells for every thing.  

Just the thought of having to notify every one of the change makes my head hurt!

In the end it would be my number that gets given out to everyone and everything because he refuses to answer his...

@CelticCrafter We just got rid of our landline about a year ago...and, honestly, it's been one of the best/easiest changes we've ever made. We did kind of start the "prep" a few years ago. When we went to the doctor/dentist, we gave them our cell #'s and had them remove the landline from their records. We called businesses we deal with regularly and made the change. Anything "new" we gave them our cell #'s. It's really been very easy!

The hard thing for us has been, as we're winding down our business, to change certain things that the business has been paying for (like those cell phones) over to our home address--we no longer have an office. Bills that will stop when we completely shut down are going to a PO Box, but a couple of things that we will now have to pay for personally needed to be changed over. What a hassle!

Trusted Contributor

Some websites make it so you absolutely cannot change your e-mail address with them if you have a new one.

I don't really understand it. 

You'd think that the programmer who designed the site would just make it an easy change/fix, but no, you cannot change it.

So what I have had to do with some of these sites is just start over with them by creating a new account with them with the new address.

That sometimes tends to change everything and you just end up with one new account.

Valued Contributor

I recently had my e-mail changed on Amazon.........2 and 1/2 hrs later I finally got it done. WHAT AN ORDEAL !

Trusted Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

I have had a FedEx account for probably 30 years, I've had to change the address twice but just now I needed to change my email address. OMGosh, it took 3 phone calls and nearly 30 minutes and it is still not done. Took 2 transfers to get a worker in the US. Dear heaven, finally she asked if I really had to make the change, I said, "Only if you all want paid." They are working on it.

I ended up having to change mine.

I couldn't change it at first until I turned off my ad blocker for that particular site. Once I did that, I was able to change the e-mail address without any problem.

Sometimes if we have an ad blocker turned on, it can keep us from being able to do certain things like this.

Super Contributor

When my mother was alive, she used to say everything was hard.  I poo pooed her.  She has been gone 13 years now, and I realized how right she was.  Everything, no matter what or how small, is a hassle.  Everything is a puzzle and no one knows how to help you.  And Fedex - we refuse to use them where I work - they are so hard to work with.  They are truly not easy to work with.  In fact, I think they work hard to get you NOT to use them!

Trusted Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

When my mother was alive, she used to say everything was hard.  I poo pooed her.  She has been gone 13 years now, and I realized how right she was.  Everything, no matter what or how small, is a hassle.  Everything is a puzzle and no one knows how to help you.  And Fedex - we refuse to use them where I work - they are so hard to work with.  They are truly not easy to work with.  In fact, I think they work hard to get you NOT to use them!

For a while, I worked for a software company that made it really difficult to change licensing, contact, address, etc information. We used to charge clients to make changes, and we still made them wait. When I asked production why they said if they made it easy, "everyone would want changes all the time." Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

A stranger used DH's work e-mail to create an Amazon account. He was getting flooded with Amazon order e-mails every day at work. The person was ordering a lot of stuff. Amazon refused to do anything about it. They wouldn't delete the account. They wouldn't contact the account owner to tell them they needed to use a new e-mail address.