Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Christmas in July still going strong at the end of August?

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Why is Christmas in July still going strong at the end of August? To answer my own question, it probably has to do with all the stock Q has that is moving slower than expected due to the virus slowing sales. If you have any other explanations, I'm listening.

@Mindy D 

Actually QVC (Qurate) benefited with people quarantined and even more shopping from home due to the pandemic.......(The full financial report is posted under Q Talk)

After experiencing a decline in sales and revenues for the last few years, the most recent quarter, (April through June) actually resulted in a 7% increase in revenue!!  QxH reported revenue growth in the home, electronics and beauty categories, which were partially offset by declines in apparel and jewelry.

QVC is taking advantage on a bigger captive viewing audience as people are staying more at home and buying more in the Home Category which QVC thinks hey that includes Christmas stuff too (I guess people are hoping for better times during the holiday season and are buying)---All the Valerie Parr Hill's Show had a lot of NEW merchandise and a LOT of sell outs!!.......Last time I heard her TSV sold over 175,000.....

And with shipping and delivery problems already, boy people better watch and order online early if they even want to get their items in time for Christmas... A lot of the stuff sold this weekend is on Advance order so won't even ship for a while....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Didn't they have their first Christmas show of the year on June 25? "Halfway to Christmas," or something like that? Or maybe it was on one of the other shopping channels...

6 months of on-and-off Christmas programming is super-overkill, if you ask me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

for those of you who have facebook and enjoy qvc AND the christmas shows, there is a qvc christmas group that is over 16000+ members strong. CRAZY FOR CHRISTMAS. it is a private group.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/118073415_2682483892008111_6737030997741370798_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=B4aTy2Ox7NEAX_S9oC9&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=e124f03e4a166ebc3322bcf778e43faa&oe=5F6C427E

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D First of all, thank you for listening! Most people don't. There will be holiday and seasonal shows from now through December. It's my favorite time to watch QVC! You may be not understand, but I don't watch the fashion shows, the jewelry shows, the cosmetic shows or the shoe shows. I also don't watch the computer and home electronic shows, the vacuum shows or the humidifier/dehumidifier shows. I watch two kinds of shows: the kitchen shows and the home decor/holiday shows. I love them!  When I see the Logo or D&C or D&B shows listed, to me it's as painful as waiting in the DMV to get my picture taken. That being said, I don't volunteer complaints about the QVC programming, unless someone else brings this up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate Hallmark christmas marathons as well.  They make Christmas not as exciting and special  I dred and avoid it every year,!

Respected Contributor

I read recently that retailers will be rolling out holiday stuff earlier this year. If QVC can get a jump on them, I say go for it. I don't watch TV so I have no complaints about their on-air programming.

Esteemed Contributor

For everyone who hates the Holiday shows there are those who love them. Same with Logo, SG, Dyson, Philosophy, food shows even In the kitchen with David. There are many I can't stand so I don't watch but I don't complain about them being on. Others enjoy them and are entitled to watch. You can't please everyone that's for sure. So just pass on bye and enjoy the shows you like and others will enjoy the shows they like.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  Maybe take up a hobby and not rely on TV being there is nothing on that you like??

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

Well I just did a request to join the Crazy for Christmas Facebook page, so thanks for that heads up.  I love the Hallmark Christmas movies and have purchased many of them so I can watch them year round.

Many of us LOVE the Christmas shows and grow weary of the endless Fashion, beauty and show shows.  

I honestly wish they would put a little Christmas show or shows on the 25th of every month of the year.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@colleena wrote:

@Mindy D My remembrance which could be wrong is that the Q does Christmas shows around the 25th/month through the end of the year.

@colleena @Oh great. I'm already bored to death by the lack of decent TV programming these past two months. Now I'll be bored with QVC programming too. How many months of holiday decor shows can  any viewer stand before they lose excitement for the products. 

@Mindy D I agree with you...it is a great big bore!  Last year I was interested in a few holiday items and bought some but really, this year is going to be a lot different for most of us! 

Why would I want to buy more holiday decor when it's just going to be DH and myself....maybe my adult kids can come over...who knows right now?