Honored Contributor

Why is Christmas in July still going strong at the end of August?

Why is Christmas in July still going strong at the end of August? To answer my own question, it probably has to do with all the stock Q has that is moving slower than expected due to the virus slowing sales. If you have any other explanations, I'm listening.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why is Christmas in July still going strong at the end of August?

@Mindy D My remembrance which could be wrong is that the Q does Christmas shows around the 25th/month through the end of the year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colleena wrote:

@Mindy D My remembrance which could be wrong is that the Q does Christmas shows around the 25th/month through the end of the year.

@colleena @Oh great. I'm already bored to death by the lack of decent TV programming these past two months. Now I'll be bored with QVC programming too. How many months of holiday decor shows can  any viewer stand before they lose excitement for the products. 

Respected Contributor

It seems some people need 7 months of Christmas. It started in June & is every month thru Dec.

Respected Contributor

The Christmas in July Sale event has ended. Prices have gone up and Countdown to Christmas shows have Featured Prices and QVC Prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@colleena wrote:

@colleena @Oh great. I'm already bored to death by the lack of decent TV programming these past two months. Now I'll be bored with QVC programming too. How many months of holiday decor shows can  any viewer stand before they lose excitement for the products. 

For me at least triple the number of hours of fashion, shoes, accessories, beauty and related that dominate programming.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

July is the start of their Christmas season, and they'll have Christmas shows from now until December 23, and has been that way for many, many, many years.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

yeah, towards the end of  each month after Xmas in July they get back on the kick of showing holiday stuff.

Between the slow  processing, mail delivery and   programming my credit card has been a delight to  open  when  the bill  comes. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@colleena wrote:

Many of us are bored to death by all the programming except for the holiday shows.

Respected Contributor

Christmas  in July is over & now it's Countdown to Christmas...did you really think the Christmas shows were done? If you're asking about CIJ on Q2 & 3, those shows were previously aired & Q isn't  going to bother renaming them.