Respected Contributor

Okay here's the deal...........

I'm doing a kitchen and two baths for a Senior Citizen Center.......the c-tops in the kitchen will be laminate and they have someone to do the install..........the woman's bath and men's bath, I've gotten them to change to allow for wheelchair accessibility, something they previously weren't.........IF someone is having us do a c-top (countertop), or anything for that matter and we're not doing the install, THEY have to do the measurement, and IF those measurements are off they the person is stuck with what they've got...........The center had their handyman do the measurements for the c-top and baths and that's where the problem starts.

I met with this man, right after he knock a whole display of granite cleaner over..........he showed me the drawings with measurements and the FIRST thing I thought was, oh man I can hear the robot.........danger Will Robinson danger.........he kept saying to me, well your guys will know what to do.........I told him, no, we will be making this c-top exactly off YOUR measurements, the SCC said you told them you would guarantee the measurements and install........he started crawfishin and I got really worried......after speaking with him, I knew he didn't know what he was doing.....the man left and I went to my manager, told him the situation and told him, I'm going there and doing a measure, I'm not selling her this job when she comes in today, I want it done right.........He told me, if we make it to meet their specification, we've met our contractual obligation..........which is in fact correct.........HOWEVER what if this Senior Citizen Center that runs off an endowment is stuck with 4k worth of c-top that won't fit so it's now just junk.........I told him I'm not selling it till I measure it and KNOW it's right..........he told me to get their money and walk away............when the lady came in.....................I told her I didn't trust the measurement, I wanted to check them myself at the job site and I wouldn't be selling her the job order today, only after I had checked it.....I'm going there Friday to check it......she actually thanked me.

So what would you have done if your boss had told you to sell the job even if you know it's messed up..........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo