Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland ride?

Haunted Mansion.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Never been to DL but at DW I have always loved It's a Small World because I love dolls.  And I second the Hall of Presidents.  As a girl from Philly, I love history that talks to me.

I don't know if you have it out West but the best ride ever is Aerosmith's Rock n Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios.  It's the most awesome shortest ride of your life set to blaring Aerosmith's music.  I need one in my backyard.  Big thumbs up!!    

Respected Contributor

Haven't been to Disneyland in years - use to go every single year and quite often stayed overnight at the Disneyland Hotel. I live only about an hour away. My favorite ride was It's A Small World. Just loved the music, atmosphere and peacefulness of that ride.

Regular Contributor

We were at DisneyLand in December - it was so mobbed they closed the park.  But my favorite ride is Mr. Toad (takes me back to my childhood) and we loved the new Star Tours ride.  My daughter's band was marching in the Main Street parade (and the Rose Parade a few days later) so we watched the parade.  Have fun!

Respected Contributor

Soaring over Calif is very popular.  It scared me to death!  Didn't know what I was getting into when I told my GD I would go with her.  I'm so scared of heights.  Spent the whole time with my eyes closed tight except for a few peaks when people would ooh and awww.  I had a firm grip on the seat grips.  I watched it once more on YouTube and it still scares me, lol.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was fun and we went on that several times.  The movie Honey I Shrunk the Kids was a blast.

The last time we went was in 2009 and they have opened up several new rides on the grownup side.  I'd like to go again.

Esteemed Contributor

I literally grew up at Disneyland in the 60's.  None of my favorites are there anymore.

Respected Contributor

I am very fond of the "Storybook" (Storyland?) ride at Disneyland, an original 1955 ride they haven't jazzed up.  Takes me back to a quieter time in theme parks. Very sweet.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Never been to DL but at DW I have always loved It's a Small World because I love dolls.  And I second the Hall of Presidents.  As a girl from Philly, I love history that talks to me.

I don't know if you have it out West but the best ride ever is Aerosmith's Rock n Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios.  It's the most awesome shortest ride of your life set to blaring Aerosmith's music.  I need one in my backyard.  Big thumbs up!!    

@Laura14, I haven't been to DW, but I to WL when I was a kid and It's a Small World was also my favorite ride. I just loved the sense of harmony, togetherness, and the music was wonderful. Smiley Happy

I also enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, although it scared me a bit when the pirates jumped out and scared everyone. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777  It's my favorite.  I absolutely love dolls even to this day as well as geography so to have them dance and sing to me in all the different languages, heaven for a little girl!

I scared the guy in the Disney store in Times Square a few years back.  I didn't know they came out with the actual singing dolls to buy.  I made a scene I was so excited.  But then I gave him heck because there was no Miss Italy.  How do you have no Miss Italy in NYC?  I almost called my family to fix that oversight right then and there but thought better of it and calmed myself down.  

Luckily they had Miss France so I have half the family covered.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

my very first time to disneyland in anaheim i was just a kid and i absolutely loved the magic mountain roller coaster.  couldn't keep me off it.  now...you couldn't get me on it!