Respected Contributor

Re: 🌅 What are some inspirational quotes you like?

Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass,
of glory in the flower,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress. 
- Will Rogers

He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
 — Immanuel Kant

When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over.
- Tony McCollum

WISDOM OF THE SOUL

. Most people will be about as happy, as they decide to be.  Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When things go wrong.....don' t go with them. I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

This is always with me - "There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who choose to travel in the company of animals.  It is a cycle unlike any other.  To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible.  Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.
We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.  Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.  We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan.  It is a fragile circle.  But it goes round and round without end."
"The Once Again Prince," animal lover and gifted writer ~ Irving Townsend

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to try to frighten you. - Eric Hoffer

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius

"Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." - Leroy ''Satchel'' Paige

" A woman is like a tea bag- you never know HOW STRONG she is until she gets in hot water"- Eleanor Roosevelt

A hard lesson to learn.  "The first time someone shows you who they are, and what they’re capable of believe them." 
— Maya Angelou

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

"'The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching."

John Wooden

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

No person is your enemy, no person is your friend, every person is your teacher. —Florence Scovel Shinn

Wow, now that is profound. @cotton4me, tahnk you so much for sharing that quote. Smiley Happy @HappyDaze and @Drythe, I think you both would enjoy this thread. Smiley Happy

That literally just shifted my perspective and as the quote I I just share in the post above your reads: 

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. 

-- Nobel Prize winning physicist, Max Planck 

Thanks for the heads up, @bebe777! I do enjoy threads like this.

Honored Contributor

Something my mother always said....I don't know where she got it.....

"A thing worth doing is worth doing well".

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is a well-known poem....Desiderata...I have it framed on my desk and it has always been a source of guidance for me...It keeps calling to me, especially when I am going through a difficult time with someone or something...I find it to be very appeasing and calming...wonderful words of wisdom and guidance!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

~Edmund Burke

Maria

Super Contributor

If you keep your feathers well oiled the water of criticism will run off as from a duck's back.

Trusted Contributor

dmod, Perfect! Thank you! 

Respected Contributor

❤️❤️❤️

A big "Thank You" to all of you

who contributed!  I was  reminded of 

some quotes I'd forgotten and now I 

leaned many new ones as well!

❤️❤️❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••