Esteemed Contributor

Re: What - a 3 game suspension is all?

Melania wrote:

So should have Brady for cheating...but he didn't now did he? 

So to you "cheating" is the same as possibly ending a players career or paralyzing him for life?

Not a good analogy, if that was/is your attempt.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I apologize. I researched the case of Adrian Peterson and the pictures of his child are disturbing. If I had been fully informed I would have used a different example to make my point about inconsistent discipline by the NFL.

Nothing excuses child abuse--not what part of the country one lives, how you were raised, culture--nothing.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Melania wrote:

So to you "cheating" is the same as possibly ending a players career or paralyzing him for life?

Not a good analogy, if that was/is your attempt.

hckynut(john)

Try again....if you can.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

My DH thinks he should be suspended for an entire season.

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I hardly think the ALLEGATIONS against Brady are in the same category, really?  Alleged conspiracy to deflate balls Vs assault??

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I apologize. I researched the case of Adrian Peterson and the pictures of his child are disturbing. If I had been fully informed I would have used a different example to make my point about inconsistent discipline by the NFL.

Nothing excuses child abuse--not what part of the country one lives, how you were raised, culture--nothing.

It was extreme for a little 4 year old and I think the penalty was light....

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Sure he is not the only player guilty of this but this is not something that happend one time for him.  An illegal hit which can be almost accidental and done without thought is one thing but he goes beyond that by adding an extra kick, twist of an appendage or punch, etc.  This is a player who continuallly does this and was not drafted by any team because of his history with such dirty playing.  He should be banned from playing because of all these incidents!!  He is a danger.  Who would want to work with someone who is such a loose cannon??!!  Teams should band together and work to get him out of the game for their safety.   The NFL is condoning this behavior while stating safety is their main concern!!  It just doesn't make sense!!  The coaches and owners of the team should also be held accountable.  One more incident should get him banned for life!!  He is a liability to the team and can't understand why they would keep him especiallly when he lost the game for them!!   It's obvious by now that this cannot be worked out of him and changed.  Yes it's a brutal game but what he does is actually assault.  The police are getting slammed for being too brutal with those committing crimes and resisting but yet football is just a game and it's condoned.  To the Steelers' credit, they have not publicly shown anger over this and every interview I have seen from any of their players they have stated that in spite of this he is a very good player and unfortunate that he cannot control his behavior.

@Pook

@Melania

@hckynutjohn

I've read some of the replies and was surprised at the almost devil-may-care attitude of some of respondents.

Burlick has a "rep" and he's a bully.  He is not playing a game of professional football, he's king of his "gang," with nothing but bad as the results of his engagements.

A shoulder dislocation can be a season or two lay-off or careering ending injury, depending on severity.  However, the injury to Brown could have stopped his heart!

And don't even get me started on the spitting ...

Burlick should be removed from the NFL and banned for life (at least).

Valued Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

Pac Man Jones and Burfict are saying Antonio Brown was faking his injury

and he should win a grammy.......

really a grammy?....you 2 dunces

Now that's funny!